Is an A14 sellable?

adroitcaptor

I have a running A14, in car actually running, not CL running. What are these worth / do people need the whole drivetrain? I have a B210 hatch and I am wanting to motor swap it. (So I will not need the trans, axle, driveshaft, etc.)

I could not find any old FS ads. Just curious about a reasonable price.

I recently put a bunch into this car including valve cover gasket, air cleaner, shocks, valve adjustment, brakes, bearings, etc. (Yes I have recipts.)

Thx for your time and help.

Dan

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a running A14, in car actually running, not CL running. What are these worth / do people need the whole drivetrain? I have a B210 hatch and I am wanting to motor swap it. (So I will not need the trans, axle, driveshaft, etc.)

I could not find any old FS ads. Just curious about a reasonable price.

I recently put a bunch into this car including valve cover gasket, air cleaner, shocks, valve adjustment, brakes, bearings, etc. (Yes I have recipts.)

Thx for your time and help.

Dan

Depends on condition and trans. What year? I've seen running A15 longblocks go for $50 and a 4 speed transmission is just not worth much. 5 speed transmission is a different story. Whole package probably 200-300$ depending on different factors.

If you're in PDX per your profile I wouldn't mind picking up a spare A14 and driveshaft if you decide to sell. Personally, I'd keep it as a spare but I'm a bit of a packrat. I'm on the outskirts of Beaverton by 26.

• Like 1

Put it here... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/4-engine/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc ... Put $350 and say OBO (or best offer) for complete drive train and wait. Be willing to take less if you just want to get rid of it to a good home. Include everything you can think of about it, including mileage. Are the parts sold separate? Lots of pictures are encouraged and a rough location so buyers can decide if worth the drive. Place a link to this post in your ad.

You may get a better price if the car is driveable so the prospective buyer can see how well it runs, a definite plus.

We don't allow buying or selling in our forums, only in the classifieds. This keeps the forums clear for information and discussions.

• Like 2

If it has a 63 series 5 speed I'd be interested in that but before you do the swap have you looked into modifying it. As these were light cars they came with light components. A motor swap will mean upgrading the suspension, brakes and rear axle. By contrast there are low bucks solutions for the brakes, suspension and A-series motor. You can get 25 more horsepower out of the motor and lighten the car by 100lbs fairly easily. With a little more effort you should be able to get 95-100 whp that will be streetable. A motor swap will add at least 150 lbs for the lightest of motors commonly used so at a minimum it will need to have at least 40 more horsepower.

Or you could say what the hell and spend 10k putting a tuned 2.0 turbo and all the the things needed to make it work.

Tom