Ali-Reza's 67 RL411

reza

Mike I will enlage the images and post them in a larger format so I hope you can see them better.  I to have problems seeing things.

Datsun%20411%20Headlight%20Relay%20Large

Datsun%20411%20Headlight%20Relay%20Color

I hope this helps Mike.

The color diagram matches the numbering on the headlight relay in the FSM black and white diagram.  Wire colors on the headlight relays match in both diagrams.

We still need Mike RL411 to comment if the numbering ing the diagrams are correct. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

I'm the one who created the colorized diagram. Mike is correct that the numbers do not match the sequence, BUT the sequence shown matches the car.

The colors match the numbering on the stock diagram and also the physical sequence on the relay itself (that is, Green/White #1 is closest to firewall).

I do see that I colored #2 as Red/Black, per the stock diagram, although on my cars it is actually Black/Red. So, I will fix that when I next get a chance.

Best,

Jesse.

• Like 2

Hey guys just out of curiosity is there a particular Webber upgrade For a 1967 RL411 sss?

Not that I've ever seen, coolest carb upgrade would be, in my opinion, the optional or aftermarket Dual carb manifold with some Solex Phh2 40s.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-1600-ROADSTER-SPL311-WEBER-DCOE-MANIFOLD-AND-LINKAGE-NEW-/272288458630?hash=item3f65a82786:g:6rwAAOSwwE5WbdMB&vxp=mtr

• 2 weeks later...

Do want! Very nice! eBay?

Yeah, It's the japan version gauge cluster for the R411. have been watching it for months, finally dropped the coin on it.

Radio face plate?

Unobtainable radio delete face :)

I also have this Jeco clock, kind of fits. still looking for the OEM version, really getting anxious to work on the car, it's trapped in a garage surrounded by 2 feet of ice/snow that I don't want to shovel. 

FullSizeRender%2014_zps4akjf8xv.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Shoveled it out from the snow, took it on a drive, couldn't get it out of high gear, it's the 3 speed bw35. couldn't climb hills worth a damn must have been sitting too long. time for a flush? wouldn't kick down either. 
IMG_0140_zpskze0elcb.jpg

A before picture.

sodiasjd_zpsbo6ruj5s.jpg

IMG_0133_zps7xwxd3pc.jpg

• Like 2

Can't wait to see that cluster installed! Cool piece!

Thanks, I dig it, all refurbished and installed.

IMG_0199_zpshxpqxfns.jpg

Hey Reza that color a stock option for that year and model?

stock color, has had a respray on the front passenger fender years ago but otherwise stock, It still has the dealership sticker on the rear panel. 

• Like 2

Shoveled it out from the snow, took it on a drive, couldn't get it out of high gear, it's the 3 speed bw35. couldn't climb hills worth a damn must have been sitting too long. time for a flush? wouldn't kick down either. 

Sounds like the throttle linkage shift cable isn't functioning correctly. Make sure it is hooked up at the linkage and cycles with the throttle. 

How happy are you that you didn't let it go?!

I keep looking but only found two one red and one blue

I like this color a lot

I was just thinking about that today.. Figuring someone really missed out on an awesome deal as I wont list the car again for sale in the foreseeable future. was in a hard spot at the time. 

Sounds like the throttle linkage shift cable isn't functioning correctly. Make sure it is hooked up at the linkage and cycles with the throttle. 

There are many tiny air bubbles on the transmission dip stick, I imagine I might have cavitated the transmission? I believe the cable is working, got it to cycle a couple gears today but no power up any incline. trans fluid is red and not burnt. Will have to figure this out soon.  

• Like 1

Also a possibility is that a previous owner lubricated the downshift cable.  A definite no-no!  If so, cold weather would thicken up the lube and slow down the shift response.

If worst comes to worst, I have posted not just your filter and gasket part numbers but a complete Borg Warner M35 rebuild kit still available for sale on the NICO site.

Also a possibility is that a previous owner lubricated the downshift cable.  A definite no-no!  If so, cold weather would thicken up the lube and slow down the shift response.

If worst comes to worst, I have posted not just your filter and gasket part numbers but a complete Borg Warner M35 rebuild kit still available for sale on the NICO 

When I manually pull on the cable there is no restriction, I'll check to see if it looks lubricated, I should most likely drop the trans pan anyhow to see how it looks inside, I have the gasket and filter already, just waiting on the snow to melt more. The full rebuild kit sounds like something I should buy.

You may just be low on fluid. 

I might be, I'm wondering because I know the pump is sucking air, there are tiny air bubbles in the fluid. The only thing that had me puzzled is that It's right below the full mark but who knows how accurate that is? I'll add a bottle of atf before I pull the pan to see if that makes a difference.