• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jSTc35W.jpg

It’s in...

Jesus.. long day of this shit.

I’ll take pictures later. I’m suuuuuper doubtful it’ll make it to Canby this year... but hey, it’s not for lack of effort.

• Like 3

I like leather and just recently put a pair of buckets in the front from a Subaru. Spent some time in an MG when younger and the seat molds to your ass shape (over time) just like a baseball glove. It's resilient, easy to clean and wears well. Most of all it's 'organic' and recycling a left over by-product from the production of steaks, which taste really good. Secondary... it's a 'bite me' to animal rights activists and vegans.

• Like 3

The canvas, batting, and jute I used are el naturale. The foam isn’t... but I couldn’t find any that was. To offset that I’ll see if I can import some chromium tanned leather.

And some mercury set felt... just for effect.

• Like 2

I have been lookin here they sell whole hides cheaper than I can leather local.

https://www.leatherhidestore.com/

Check out their closeouts to save even more.

Thanks buddy!

That site is a gold mine. I could recreate the stock vinyl cover basket weave style in brown for a few hundred dollars.

Or I could do a green croc skin... either way I’m leaving the canvas base I have on there now. This build could be fucking crazy.

• 2 years later...

Aaaaaaaand... here we are again.  Let me answer a few questions I doubt you’ll ask, but let’s pretend.

Yes, I still have this.  I still have a plan for it.  It runs and I actually drove it around today. 

Life got in the way of Ratsun Life, but I’m back so it’s time to get back to work.

F91AEA8A-137C-4F51-BF3F-881786661D4D.jpeg

• Like 4
8 hours ago, hobospyder said:

Alright thanks. Would a steam machine help any with some stretch or just fuck that product better off buying something else?

I think you could massage it in there. But I just haven’t.  I’ll try a heat gun and let you know what I think. 

5 hours ago, ]2eDeYe said:

Running and driving is a good place to be. 🙂

Very much so.  Once I finish with my tool upgrades I’ll start collecting KA24E parts. I know of a guy who makes mounts and suggested the engine.  Lol

• Like 2

One of the fun things about moving and the completely remodeling a shop is breaking things. Since my dust bin died, a valiant and brave death, it’s been replaced with this.  I figure there’s at least one old school guy here that recognizes Moon Eyes Yokohama.

0C7A90FC-BDF4-42DC-997D-D018049D1D89.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Sooo.... paint pick and prep time.  Eastwood offers a discount for frosty c***s so I’ll be going through them.  

I’m leaning towards that light blue.

3CA34412-9C15-49D0-9955-A7FAE34CC40C.jpeg

FDEA6F92-F476-41BD-8086-4060C1B5B3A9.jpeg

0B8DBC51-7711-4897-8850-1F46F2F7DD08.jpeg

7D59A8E3-2282-4814-A10F-F04C86324C07.jpeg

99072189-0C81-4654-B1B1-38E7FDA613EC.jpeg

• Like 1

It’s a little to close to my car’s color though.  But damn that would be a good color. 

Then I’d like to do a nice grey on the bay.