74' 620 Lower your standard build thread

Soundline

Also, bought some Beebani brake brackets a while ago, and I just ordered a bunch of parts:

From a 1979 620:

CENTRIC Master Cylinder 13042303

From a 1987 D21 RWD:

CENTRIC Caliper. 14142034

CENTRIC Caliper. 14142033

CENTRIC brake hose 15042025

CENTRIC brake hose 15042026

PowerStop Rotor and Pad Kit KOE4837

Timken Wheel Bearing SET3

Timken Wheel Bearing SET5

Ordered as a separate item by part number:

Dorman 13912 Thread M10-1.0; length 27.5 mm Hex. 11m Hydraulic Hose to Caliper Bolt (ordered 2)

M10 sized copper crush washers x2

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im assuming you don’t want my commentary. It’s pretty clear what I’m doing, and how.

52KLtp2.jpg

So new panels in, I applied a coat of POR15. I’m going to do a second coat then, I’ll do a top coat for uv protection and hardening.

OsM2pP0.jpg

UiJsfo6.jpg

• Like 2

Im doing the top first, then the bottom of the seat.

f0FI3pw.jpg

V0OfPdV.jpg

N487csA.jpg

These are all reference pictures for reassembly. I have location and distance markers as well. I’m going to keep the original cover as a pattern because my first one of these won’t be the best.

• Like 2

Since I can’t see these older pics, I’ll assume you can’t. This is basically what the exterior looks like.

llp6VuK.jpg

qBy8g8t.jpg

8STulcz.jpg

Sq6AXhi.jpg

There really haven’t been any changes except the tail likghts and I removed that 80’s State Farm sticker.

• Like 2

Yep, I’m just now getting around to catching this up.

Here’s the latest progress. I’d commented like.. a year ago that I was going to reupholster the factory bench seat. So I bought some cheap canvas and foam to give it a shot.

This is the back rest. I’ll try to get the seat done this weekend.

zriNHzw.jpg

xlOehwA.jpg

• Like 2

Ahhh where were we?

Oh yeah, no one is reading this anyhow, but this is what happened next.

ezvlCFM.jpg

I pulled the lower part of the seat off and cut the stitches in the cover to make a pattern. On the corners I drew lines where they connected and numbered each piece. I thought I took pictures of this process but my “friend” Jameson was “helping” so my memory isn’t the best. Lol

I finished the lower portion in the same fashion with lots of cursing because I really don’t know how to use a sewing machine...

7PmZUAt.jpg

With this stripped down I decided to inspect it and paint it.

9GCAR0E.jpg

It was cracked here so I welded it.

I’m ALMOST as bad at welding as I am at sewing because I decided to “teach” myself both of these skills on this project. I have about 20 min of time using it. So... it sucks... but it should hold.

• Like 2

Oxh5gBi.jpg

EPatPGC.jpg

While that was drying I put this in. It’s weird how it absorbed sound inside the cab. I’m not even trying to be funny here, it literally dropped the noise inside the cab as I put it in. I might come back later and do the whole cab just to see. But I’ll play around with that later.

4ldnsw9.jpg

Test fitting my carpet my fucking heat gun died so I had to go get a new one.

• Like 1

0f0mfk9.jpg

Because I’m me, I came home and shifted gears to see how well my cover fit. I hog ringed everything back together which is a boring process, I put down a layer of jute, 4” pad on the bottom, that sewn in batting, then the cover on the bottom, then a 1” pad on the back with the jute next to the springs.

I steamed it to get all my chalk off and I’ll liberally apply scotch gard in the morning. I’ll admit the lines aren’t perfect and there’s a couple corners that aren’t great but, it’s much better than what I had.

• Like 2