205/60/13 good year eagle on a stock 510?

fisch

Hey folks, I don't know squat about race tires. If they have tread are they street legal? Trying to keep my 510 13" and these popped up sort of around me. They are pretty affordable and are new. But how would they be for daily street use. And would they be good on a 13x6 or would I need 7 and wider? They seem pretty wide. 205/60/13 Lots of poke on a stock fendered dime?

00B0B_fTzbhn6hE5q_600x450.jpg

00v0v_fUL692PIPvj_600x450.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are Spec Racer Ford rain tires. 22.0 x 7.0 - 13 They are a four ply Nylon carcass tire, so cut resistance is negligible (no steel belts). Great for racing in the rain though, but not DOT approved, not that it matters.

Thanks Doc! It might matter in MA. They are really strict here. But I guess I could pass inspection with another set of wheels and then swap out. Until I get pulled by a cop who recognized the yellow Goodyear lettering, lol.

205/60/13... I get 22.7" diameter and just over 8" wide. Very close to the stock diameter but wow the width. They should fit a 2" narrower rim but back spacing is critical as the wheel well is filled up with tire. I think 9" wide is about the maximum tire width for a 510, with extreme attention to back spacing. Any rim won't do.

They will look friggin' insane on a 510 !!!

205/60/13... I get 22.7" diameter and just over 8" wide. Very close to the stock diameter but wow the width. They should fit a 2" narrower rim but back spacing is critical as the wheel well is filled up with tire. I think 9" wide is about the maximum tire width for a 510, with extreme attention to back spacing. Any rim won't do.

They will look friggin' insane on a 510 !!!

I hadn't thought about the tire width on top of the rim width. You know I already have old BR50-13 BF Goodrich radial t/a 50s and they are wide. I wonder how much wider these would be Mike? One site mentioning they are equivalent to 235/50/13, but another site that says they'd be 225/50/13. I don't have 280ZX struts, which I think pull the wheel in more, so that is good. But I don't want roller skates either.

They go to hell in a hurry when used on dry pavement. Used them on race cars in the past and when the track starts to dry you change them ASAP.

Hmmmm... I drive my dime like once a week in the warm months. And the price of these might be 8x, brand new, for the cost of 4 Federal 595s. But it is a 3 hr drive to get them. If they were local Id be over there already, lol.

Are they lettered on both sides? If not, you could swap them side to side to the lettering is on the inside, but still have them turning the correct direction. My dad used to do that with white letter tires.

I think they would have to be or only one side L or R would show on  a car.

Bias race tires - no interliner for air retention. They might hold air for who knows when though, but they will leak to some degree, some sooner, some later, some not at all.

You can wash the yellow letters off with solvent.

Buy a set of Toyo Proxes, R888's or RA1's

Goodyears are junk! You will be fixing flats daily.

Get the RA1's, they're a kickass tire and stick like velcro, not too shit hot in the heavy rain but you will still make it home. They don't like cold though you need to put them in heated storage in the winter if your in a colder place.

• 6 months later...