d.p

My 1971 521

@datzenmike I said that pipe won't work for me as the block vent opening is facing the fender vs the hood on the later L20Bs.  so that pipe would just end up snaking out, towards the firewall then down towards the trans on my block. The more important question is am I going to notice any difference between these two manifolds?  Because if not I will just run the one that 'fits.' 

• Like 1

See my post. I would make it work. The top manifold is the better one. Notice difference? probably not by itself but 10 small 1 hp gain adds up. Also free and never goes out of tune or adjustment.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

I cant totally remember but there is 2 bolts up by the shifter that need to come out and maybe removing that trans cover its ezer to get at than from under the car.

What bolts?  Trans cover?  

The only thing I see being a pain is the shift mount sticks up through the trans tunnel so the trans would have to drop low enough for that to clear.  

521-trans.jpg

• Like 2

There is no plate in the picture, just the outline of it on the carpet itself.  Its deceiving. 

• Like 1

Remove the transmount from the tans & crosmember.  Put it aside for modding.