d.p

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol man.

I noticed the problem on Tuesday, replaced coil, removed resistor + new plugs on Wednesday (was planning on doing it anyway).   Started looking into it on Friday which lead me down the path of too much voltage based on the fact that if the lights were on the voltage dropped and the tach operated normally.   Voltage cig meter verified that which inturn lead me to replacing the VR which fixed it.  

Not sure what else could have been done with this?  

• Like 2

One thing when drivng a old datsun

I always monitor the voltage with my cig meter.  with no load and with load. anything out of what means something bad is coming soon.

Monitor the Temp gauge always!!!!!!!  when HOt days ect how it acts. this will give a idea how the Rad works or don't(thermostat)

noises. especially brake noises, pulling to a side cluncks,

always monitor the Hydralic fluid.Brake or Clutch disappears mean a slight leak somewhere.  maybe inside the firewall to a drum clyinder leaky to a rusted brake line by the fueltank fuel rubberhose on the frame holding wet dirt causing a line to rust.

• Like 2

I build temporary ramps when negotiating door ways when the engine is on a stand, some doorways are too narrow for the stand so I get it thru at an angle, it requires some lifting, but not the whole weight of the engine, just don't tip the whole thing over lifting corners of the stand.

Also it is not really that hard to remove both them glass doors, the sliding one is easy, the other one slightly harder but not that hard.

• Like 1