d.p

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

I used that extra hole as the bypass over to the water pump input instead of the one coming off the downdraft intake since I went with the side draft intake...

tenor.gif?itemid=5060992

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, d.p said:

Does the PP really matter?  Everything else in that kit is the same as far as I can tell.  And Exedy = Daikin.  "Yes we verified the clamping force/ load test. Exedy's design department dug out the blueprint and we have it. You wipe off the Dust. A great, less expensive, alternative to the Nissan kits with a great reputation. Comes with Japanese disc, throw-out bearing, pilot bearing & clutch dowels. Use for any 1600 or 2000. If it don't say NSC-581 it ain't heavy duty!"

yeah it is and nothing against datsunparts but the guy who runs it just comes across so crass when I ask a question, turns me off from buying anything from him.  

EDIT: Wait the PP in that auction is the same one Dean sells, except the brand name which is the same company.  NS581 "NSC - 581 NLA Heavy duty 600 kilogram Clutch Pressure plate" Both say 600 so assuming they are the exact same thing just cheaper on Ebay.  And Mainer I referring to the 1483DAIKIN part on Deans site and not the other more expensive kits.  

Gotcha. I think you'll be fine either way. I put the Exedy 05022 in my truck, but I think that's the regular duty version. I figured it'll hold the gerbil power that my engine puts out.

Yeah, Dean is a bit of an asshole at times. And by that I mean all the time. I only buy from him if I really have to.

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 1
Just now, mainer311 said:

Gotcha. I think you'll be fine either way. I put the Exedy 05022 in my truck, but I think that's the regular duty version. I figured it'll hold the the gerbil power that my engine puts out.

Yeah, Dean is a bit of an asshole at times. And by that I mean all the time. I only buy from him if I really have to.

Haha I was wondering it was just me, nice to know it isn't.  I guess when you have all the shit he does he figures he will get customers regardless of his attitude.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, d.p said:

Thanks Mike,  any idea what the thread/pitch is?  I will just scoop the ebay clutch kit.  I was looking at Datsunparts dual choke cables but they are pricey and again if the dude selling them is painful then I will just look elsewhere.  Do you have a link to a post about them?  I know the rep about California Datsun but didn't know Datsun parts had a bad one as well. 

I think the threads might be bspt.... either 1/4 or 1/8....

I retapped all my bspt to be npt , its so much easier to get a sensor or fitting that's npt....

• Like 2
1 minute ago, d.p said:

Haha I was wondering it was just me, nice to know it isn't.  I guess when you have all the shit he does he figures he will get customers regardless of his attitude.  

Part of the problem is that he's one of very few vendors when it comes to Roadster parts. He has actually had parts remanufactured that are NLA, so you just need to work around his personality to get stuff that you really need. 

• Like 1

DP thay make a lower housing w/o the water line hole also in that same early L16 2 bolt style as I have one  i think part number by memory 11061-21000 

The one you have pictured uses a U shape hose to go to the L 16 intake metal tube to heat up carb for winter/vaporize the gas

One style had the U shap and another didnt

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

Didnt the motor come with one ?

Plus you have two L 16s...   

Why do you need another thermostat housing?

Yeah but its nasty as hell, trying to put shiny new shit on this motor mang.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, mrbigtanker said:

california datsun sells all that crap polished already.

yeah I seen that.   Do polished parts hold

up?  I mean everything eventually gets dirty and although I would like the engine bay to look titties I do use this fucker a fair amount.  

• Like 1
Just now, mainer311 said:

Polished aluminum won’t hold up unless you keep polishing it. It oxidizes quite readily.

Then I got no interest in that.  I’ll stick with new OEM parts. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Crashtd420 said:

I think he means cleaning things not fixing broken parts.....

That's exactly what it means.  Other than washing and vacuuming it I don't, nor have I ever, spent anytime cleaning engine bays on any car I have ever owned.  

• Like 1