d.p

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Then you are more than good.

The 620 is almost identical to the 521 and will 'rub' when the engine torques over. I had to re-position the rad hose, replace the lower rad hose inlet with a zx one, use a 720 engine mount to lift the alternator.... all a lot of bother.

• Like 1

I went with the Power select brand NEW alternator from Rockauto(partsgeek sells the same one also I believe.

I have had good luck so far in 2 yrs of daily driving. However it got expensive now 88$ I got 2 at 66 apc.

It is made in China but hasnt failed like the others from Autozone or O Rileys.  I think its worth it so far.

I ran a 50 amper with a lower 510 mount and just had issues all the time of it going loose. plus I have a turnbuckle adjustment so putting a 50 limited my movement and then would hit the idler arm.I went back to the 35 and everything seems fine even with H4 lamps installed.

also my starter seems to last longer also after I put a HOT start relay in. I usualyy would kill a starter with in 2 yrs but havent since installed. I got a TSI Automotive Gear Reduction Starter waiting go in but this one hasnt broken yet. Bet most people think the selinoid id going out but really low voltage at the key switch(loss)

• Like 1

I will find out soon if it fits, just waiting on the belt to show up.  Also ordered the dapper lighting H4 harness ($50) for shits and gigs.  

Shit forgot to ask, I am ordering rockers to replace the one bad one, should I replace all of them at once or can I just do the one? 

Edited by d.p
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, d.p said:

I will find out soon if it fits, just waiting on the belt to show up.  Also ordered the dapper lighting H4 harness ($50) for shits and gigs.  

Shit forgot to ask, I am ordering rockers to replace the one bad one, should I replace all of them at once or can I just do the one? 

I've never seen these replacement rockers. Are they ground factory rockers or is someone reproducing them?

The only reason I would say to replace them all is if they are repops. They could have different weights or even ratios (not on purpose, but due to manufacturing).

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I've never seen these replacement rockers. Are they ground factory rockers or is someone reproducing them?

The only reason I would say to replace them all is if they are repops. They could have different weights or even ratios (not on purpose, but due to manufacturing).

They are itm brand and only cost $10 .... 

Vs oem rockers from nissan( still available) but cost closer to 25-30....

Dp dont you have a spare L16 too....

Rob that head, you have 8 rockers at your disposal to find the best one....

• Like 1

I got the short block and all the parts but the head went into the trash IIRC.  Oh and just looking at the size difference between my alternator and this 510 is night and day man.  

tenor.gif?itemid=7791480

Edited by d.p
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, d.p said:

I got the short block and all the parts but the head went into the trash IIRC.  Oh and just looking at the size difference between my alternator and this 510 is night and day man.  

tenor.gif?itemid=7791480

You should have stripped it for parts before tossing it.... 

But if it's gone then its gone......

• Like 1

'mild came' do you mean mild cam? If so I already got one that came with this motor. 

Racer Brown..ss-54-110.

IMG_0004-4.jpg

But having said that should I replace all these rockers?    And can you guys see the rocker pics in my previous post?  Not sure if they are public or not.  

Edited by d.p
  • Like 1

Don't think I will run them either.  Hainz was right $100 engine will turn into a $2000 engine in no time lol.     And should I replace the lash pads if I get new rockers?  If so how do I measure them to know what thickness they are? 

Edited by d.p
  • Like 1

hopefully you wont need to change the lash pads as the previous owner did already and got the right size. the new rockers hopfully wont be that much different. but if the head and valves are going to be redone anyways this might all change that.  all aftermarket lashpads are flat that I have seen and one just puts it in the mic and measure the size  bottom to the top wear the rocker sets into.

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Like 2