d.p

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

if possible find a L20 and just bolt some 40mm sidedrafts on there and Ill bet youll like it.

As for the Nitrous one needs to retard the distributor right when you hit the button otherwise it will pop a piston.

Just messing with DP..... 

I just think hes getting in over his head looking at a ka swap or even a full engine build.... 

Personally Dp I'd be looking at doing a efi upgrade on the L16 and finding a 5spd....

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

Just messing with DP..... 

I just think hes getting in over his head looking at a ka swap or even a full engine build.... 

Personally Dp I'd be looking at doing a efi upgrade on the L16 and finding a 5spd....

Hell I could fumble my way through it like everything else I have done with this truck.   😄 

EFI on an L16?  Looking for 5 speeds right now on car-part but trying to decide which is the right one to get.  

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, d.p said:

Hell I could fumble my way through it like everything else I have done with this truck.   😄 

EFI on an L16?  Looking for 5 speeds right now on car-part but trying to decide which is the right one to get.  

Any L series 5 spd will work. .. or find the 84/85 720 and do the bellhousing swap.....

As far as efi..... they make side draft efi throttle bodies but you would need an intake and management system.....

One guy, 510revisited in the project threads, is currently trying to install the new holley sniper efi on the L series downdraft intake.....

It's a complete 2 barrel standalone unit.... ready to run for about $950.... 

The only hurdle seems to be needing an adapter which he is fabricating ....

And you need to up the fuel pressure and add a return line....

• Like 1

I really just need something else to do with this truck as I am running out of options.   I think I saw that EFI thread somewhere but have lost track of it.  I will let someone else guinea pig that before I make a move on it.  

Edited by d.p
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, d.p said:

Lol bumper.  

What size is your falcon wheel? 13” ? Wondering if I should get 13 or 14” wheel.  

I've been lookin' at a 14" myself ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/14-Inch-350mm-Black-Steering-Wheel-with-Dark-Wood-Grip-6-Hole-Classic-Chevy/253840796574 ) but I'm intrested to hear what the dimension are on that Falcon as well. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, d.p said:

Anyone know a trick to getting the rubber bump stops into the bumperettes? Seems near impossible with how wide they are. 

Just get some lube on them, twist and turn them and work them in.... things like that are a pain in the ass.... the ones that go in the fenders for the hood are just as bad.... 

• Like 1

Yeah I do, but I can tell by just looking at them the base is way bigger then the hole.  I tried natures lube (spit) to no avail. 

One side is cutting into the rubber so much at its about to sever it.   The ones on the rear bumper are huge where the sit flush with the bumper and nearly impossible, I got the driver side one in like 95% but the passenger doesn't want to comply at all.  

Yeah those hood ones are a PITA so much that I lost one because I couldn't get it in far enough.  

Edited by d.p
  • Like 1