4 pin wiper motor plug

datO)))

hey 411/410 GUYS just quick qestion.

firsts the issues 

the plug is 4 blade conector square style       ==  orientation like this.

ther is a black ground wire bolted to the outer portion of the motor housing.

i managed to hook up a single wire for power and ground to prove the motor works, it works.

my question is, is ther a pinout with definition of each conectionand position?

iv tryed hooking up the switche and nothing.tryed three switches.my mind is to deep into it, im confusing my self now and need a fresh direction

to go. would someone dumb it down for me or have experiance in this . 

thanx 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to know for sure which wire is the power wire/connection, it will still work with the power wire in the wrong position, but no other wire connection will, one is power, and all the rest are grounds, it will not make sense until you have the power in the right place, then every other ground contact will do what it is supposed to do, like #1 power in, #2 ground for running wipers, #3 ground for parking the wipers, and #4 ground for everything, I may be wrong about a 1 speed wiper, I am used to dealing with 2 speed 521 wiper motors and integrating them into 720 wiring harnesses so I have fast, slow, intermittent, and park.

Think of it this way, power in has to be in the correct position, the ground out is black, the other colored wires are internal grounds, at least this is how I see it works.

Hi,

This detail from my wiring diagram should help with both the plug and the switch. The wiper switch works by distributing ground, as opposed to distributing power.

NOTE: You are looking at the wires going INTO THE BACK of the plug. You are NOT looking at the spades from the front of the plug. Also note the locating tab at top.

411_electrical_wiper_detail.jpg

Best,

Jesse.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...