A 521 in Massachusetts

Crashtd420

I was playing around with the heat shields in my garage.... I want to integrate some lighting, so right now they are only temporarily taped in place.... I have a large 3" round light that's going to be just out of sight and will be wired as a parking light.... i think it has the effect i want, obviously it will be better at night...

20220402-184155.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh and don’t you have discs in the back? If so parking brake doesn’t work with them? There is a guy on fb selling rear discs kits that says they work with factory parking brake. Said as long as it’s identical to the 620 it will work.  Any idea if a 521/620 have identical parking brake setups?  

1 hour ago, d.p said:

Oh and don’t you have discs in the back? If so parking brake doesn’t work with them? There is a guy on fb selling rear discs kits that says they work with factory parking brake. Said as long as it’s identical to the 620 it will work.  Any idea if a 521/620 have identical parking brake setups?  

Yes I have disc brakes and I have a functional parking brake so I'm not sure I follow what you are saying..

Why doesnt the parking brake work with them?

Post a picture or list of parts I'm curious what he is trying to sell....

And yes the 521 and 620 are basically the same... I think the only difference would have been a sae wheel cylinder vs metric....

8 minutes ago, mainer311 said:

yeah, from a Trooper.

So basically what I have..

no idea what DP or the Facebook seller is saying about it not working.

Same setup as what he is selling, only difference is he is supplying a secondary bracket for the cables. ..

Just now, d.p said:

I remember reading that if you did discs in the back you would lose your parking brake.  

I think that's with a wilwood caliper, I remember reading that with the kit silvermine sold....

The isuzu caliper has a mechanical parking break....

That kit from the guy on Facebook is nice because he includes those other brackets for the cable... even with the isuzu caliper people still had to figure that last bit out to connect the cable. ...

• Like 1

The S110 200sx rear discs have the cable mechanically pull the caliper against the rotor for use as a parking brake. I think most rear disc are that way. The WD21 Pathfinder have a small drum brake in the rotor between the 6 wheel studs with tiny brake shoes.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

The S110 200sx rear discs have the cable mechanically pull the caliper against the rotor for use as a parking brake. I think most rear disc are that way. The WD21 Pathfinder have a small drum brake in the rotor between the 6 wheel studs with tiny brake shoes.

This is how a lot of more modern rear disc parking brakes are done.

Why do these pictures keep turning...

Well doesnt matter for these pictures....

Weld is cleaned up on both...

There are a couple pin hole I need to hit with the welder but other than that it came out good...

I'll go over them again with a finer grit to round the radius a little better... 

20220403_163833.jpg

• Like 2

Or even a long file.

I use one of these for metal - https://www.autobodytoolmart.com/product/adjustable-body-file-holder/auto-body-files

...with a rasp attached. It's got really coarse, really sharp teeth - https://www.autobodytoolmart.com/product/flat-body-files/auto-body-files

Tackled a couple things this weekend.... finally got around to fixing the hood release again...

Minor modification to the hold down bracket under the hood... 

Also realized I haven't checked the air pressure in my tires this year..

While they were low at 26psi I was glad that all 4 tires were the same...

Reset to 34psi...