A 521 in Massachusetts

Crashtd420

I also managed to get 5 sets of these bent up now...

Just need to make some minor adjustments so everything is square and the gap is correct then I can heat them up and quench them so I can get them sent out....

I have enough to make 3 more sets if I need to ....

20220116_173528.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I got the springs about ready to temper.... straightened and checked them yesterday....

I'll clean them up with my sandblaster next....

Also took care of some small things yesterday,  

Replaced some brake bracket bolts with some slightly longer ones..

Found a shorter 1/8 to -an fitting for the remote filter end of the spray bar feed line eliminating a couple fittings... waiting on 1 more part to finish that up..

Drained the engine oil and refilled it most of the way, I was a couple quarts shy, so I had to order some more.

Next up on the list of things to do, even thought I haven't finished a couple other things yet, was removing the radiator...

I need to replace the crank seal and while I was there I also need to fix the hood release cable clamp...

20220123_155010.jpg

• Like 1

Tied up a loose end today, I had to extend the wires going to the fuel cuttoff sensor now mounted with the remote filter. Just waiting on one last part to connect the spray bar and the oil system will be done...

Next I was able to remove and replace the crank seal...

I used a factory Nissan seal this time which felt like a tighter/ better fit... 

I also checked the pulley for wear where the seal rides... seemed all good to me so back in it went... 

Now I just need to put it all back together top off the oil and check for leaks.... 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Truck is back in running order....

The remote filter system is working and has no leaks....

I did have a leak at the drain plug so I swapped the drain plug seal and that solved that....

I made I few adjustments to the hood latch and the hood stops then added a small washer behind the top radiator mounting bolt..

Now the hood release works so much better ... 

I still need to finish wiring the exhaust cutout and grease all the grease fitting.. that should be it for maintenance and upgrades this year.... 

Almost time to get the bed out for sandblast....

• Like 3

I was able to get the chassis greased up, the exhaust cutout wired, and cleaned up a few loose ends, now it's ready to drive...

the weather is tempting me this week... in the 50s today but there is still salt and snow out on the roads...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Avoid the salt. I wish they'd come up with another method for snow melt. It is sad to see the effects of salt on a car or truck that you've worked so hard on.

I try my best but I couldn't stop myself today... it was 55 out....

Since I needed to run an errand i figured why not take the long way in the datsun.... 

I gave it a wash down after I got home just incase.... it still had dust all over it from the garage so I was able to clean that off as well.....

20220212_133257.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, d.p said:

Ugh that wing man.  

Why even bother saying it again, i know you don't like it...

I'm not trying to make my truck like everyone else's... Plus I like it and I'm they one who has to drive it... 

That wing has been on the truck for 18 yrs and it's from my old pathfinder... at least it's a nissan part...

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

Why even bother saying it again, i know you don't like it...

I'm not trying to make my truck like everyone else's... Plus I like it and I'm they one who has to drive it... 

That wing has been on the truck for 18 yrs and it's from my old pathfinder... at least it's a nissan part...

I know to each their own but some things I just can't help but say something about.  FWIW I had a 96 pathfinder SE and my brother had a 91 SE (when they first came stateside) so well versed with them and their stupid manifold bolts breaking off and having to be drilled out.   

• 4 weeks later...

So to anyone that does metal work what is your opinion ?

What's the best way to deal with these 2 mounting points....

While they look pretty roached the metal still feels extremely solid...

So I am hoping to just strengthen them a bit ....

20220307_132519.jpg

20220307_132527.jpg