A 521 in Massachusetts

Crashtd420

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am after the flat not the semi gloss...

I'll use what I have left of the pot 15 top coat for the semi gloss accents...

And one of the sem products I looked at was uv sensitive and will fade over time....

I was hoping for a ready to spray type, no mixing type of paint.... eliminate as much of my stupidity as possible.... I was looking at that same sight earlier and the hot rod black kit, I might have to go that route....

I found a rustoleum automotive paint that's satin black, emailing them to see if I can use as a top coat or not..

And dp, ya it sucks but had I gotten everything ready I would have painted the doors and fenders semi gloss too... better I figured this out now, sadly the cab is alot easier to mask off and repaint right now with everything like glass and seals in the way....

In the end I will be happier, I never really thought I did that good of a job on the cab... I think i had gun issues at the end.... There s that damn learning curve again....

All Pictures I post into forrums are formatted to 480 x 640.  This saves forum resources and also pages load faster on older systems.  not sure what you are using to take the pictures or what image storage you are using but some sites you a size limit for pictures,  If you are using your phone for pictures then set picture size to the smallest allowed by phone and try again.  Some forums also have picture size limits.

All Pictures I post into forrums are formatted to 480 x 640. This saves forum resources and also pages load faster on older systems. not sure what you are using to take the pictures or what image storage you are using but some sites you a size limit for pictures, If you are using your phone for pictures then set picture size to the smallest allowed by phone and try again. Some forums also have picture size limits.

But it's not 1998 anymore

So I was trying to take the easy way out with a ready to spray paint.... in the end I still won't get the correct end result... so I'll have to do some math so i dont mix to much because it's a 3 part mix, and I'll weigh the first batch i mix so I have a repeating formula....

With that said the leading choice is Urekem paint.. it's the only one that offers a true flat black finish, and uv safe. in total the whole kit mixed is a gallon and a half of sprayable paint so I should have enough for the whole truck and a consistent color when I am done...

I've read good reviews on the product, Is there anyone here that's used them?

Screenshot_20170708-144807.png

• Like 1

Well managed to do some work on it... need to wait for the paint so might as well do what I can....

My ghetto temporary ignition...

20170708_155506.jpg

Basically..

Top is master on / start,

Probably gonna add a separate switch for the dizzy so i can access programming before i turn the main circuits on....

Bottom - coil,fuel, extra gauges, aux on for fans...

Also got my rear shocks bolted up...

20170708_155446.jpg

20170708_155443.jpg

• Like 1

The truck is partly dedicated to him... unfortunately he passes away last year unexpectedly, before we could cruise the datsun again together....

I was in California for a few years, when I left to head back home to Massachusetts I had two things with me, my dog max and my datsun... both were referred to as madmax...

I had a hook in the inside of the cab that had his leash/harness connected to it so he couldnt jump out the window. I left that installed and his collar will forever hang on it...

• Like 2