Crashtd420

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dAxcWs6.jpg

I know what you mean. These have a similar tread pattern. 195/60R14 Handkook. Korean? Just happened to walk through the tires at the wrecking yard two years ago at the right time. Four near new 2016 tires some dad must have bought for his old Buick for his daughter to go to collage with and she wanted a new car. What ever, the little nubs are still showing.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

Of course the datsun is due this month too and I wasn't overly impressed with how much tire I had left ..... 

20200506-064622.jpg

20200506-064636.jpg

These were used tires before I got them and just need to be replaced.... 

I was able to get a set of 4 Yokohama for $400 all mounted and balanced....

I'll pick them up this afternoon...

Those still have like 20k miles left on them. Belts aren't even close to showing

Edited by thisismatt
  • Like 2

I have had good luck before with junkyard tires.... 

They actually had some that were only $55, some Chinese tire... sailun? 

I was surprised how good the reviews are, they had a deal on the Yokohama so I went that route..... better mileage warranty...

• Like 1

Got Korean Optimos on my truck  I had Cooper Pacesetter but they don't make them in USA anymore at least the stock size. I try to buy USA if possible

Optimos were about it when I looked.  small white walll

Im sure LesSchwab china tire are Fine but right now I don't want to give China 50cent if I can help it.  certain things you just cant but IM trying not to buy Made in China.

• Like 3

First of all they are already paid for so what good is that? Stop buying them from now on, stop buying the latest model, fix the old ones or here's a concept DO  WITHOUT. Lewis and Clark didn't have GPS and they did alright.

• Like 2
On 5/6/2020 at 3:28 PM, Crashtd420 said:

Wow so much more tread..

20200506-140854.jpg

20200506-150330.jpg

Cant wait to go for a ride....

Gonna motivate me to finally put some tires on the 620.... been driving it around a bunch and two of them are pretty rough...

what width wheel are you running those 195s on?

my 215s are two wide.... and I don’t think 205 will really get me much... 195s are XLs too in the tire I’m looking at, but they are a 1/2” shorter.... ugg decisions decisions...

• Like 2
1 minute ago, demo243 said:

Gonna motivate me to finally put some tires on the 620.... been driving it around a bunch and two of them are pretty rough...

what width wheel are you running those 195s on?

my 215s are two wide.... and I don’t think 205 will really get me much... 195s are XLs too in the tire I’m looking at, but they are a 1/2” shorter.... ugg decisions decisions...

They are 195/60 15,  they fit my rims nice and I like the size, no rubbing issues, plus my speedometer is calibrated to this size tire, even though they should be the correct size, not that even matters now.......

I am hoping they take care of the last little bit of vibration I've been feeling.. i got rid of a lot when I finally shimmed my carrier bearing....

I plan to drive the truck alot this year so I wanted some nice tires.....

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

They are 195/60 15,  they fit my rims nice and I like the size, no rubbing issues, plus my speedometer is calibrated to this size tire, even though they should be the correct size, not that even matters now.......

I am hoping they take care of the last little bit of vibration I've been feeling.. i got rid of a lot when I finally shimmed my carrier bearing....

I plan to drive the truck alot this year so I wanted some nice tires.....

pretty sure I’m gonna do a 195/65r15

did you go sl or xl for load?

i don’t ever plan on hauling anything that would require xls... but our roads are shit as you are well aware

• Like 1
16 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

195/205 65 15

is a little taller and fill in the wheel well better 

195s 50 series  you really have to lower another inch almost to get the look and get rid of the wheel to fender gap

thats why Im looking at a 65 sidewall. Its a truck so I like the wheels to have a bit of meat on them, even if it is slammed... and lowering another inch is out of the question... Id be riding on cut bymbs...

• Like 1
22 hours ago, demo243 said:

pretty sure I’m gonna do a 195/65r15

did you go sl or xl for load?

i don’t ever plan on hauling anything that would require xls... but our roads are shit as you are well aware

Back to this, I have no idea...

This is what I bought....

Screenshot-20200508-091015-Chrome.jpg

And this is how they look....

20200508-175028.jpg

• Like 1

In the past I have always used regular car tires on my dually axles, each one is rated for 1500lbs, that is 6000lbs total on a dually axle, way more than the axle is rated for, right now I have LTs on my axle as that is what was on the truck axle when I got it.

These are P195/75R14 tires on my truck with that load, of course I would not ever do that everyday, but normal car tires are just fine for most.

DSCN0393.jpg

• Like 2

I run the Toyos on my Datsun/Nissan Trucks.On the stock steel wheels I run a 195 75 14s.  On the 720 st aloy wheels I run 205 75 14s.

On my 66 520 I will be running 205 55 16s.

Edited by Charlie69
On 5/7/2020 at 7:21 PM, Crashtd420 said:

They are 195/60 15,  they fit my rims nice and I like the size.

That’s the same size I run. It seems to look and work really well. I do get rubbing, but I’m a -19 offset.

• Like 1

i'm running 25/70 R14 on slot/kidney bean mags on grimace. but i may run 97 hardbody wheels that i refurbished/repainted to match the 2 tone paint i have on grimace

Edited by gene knight

Just when I thought I didnt have to work on the cars, i tried to get sticker for hers and it didnt even make it past the horn honk.. luckily they let me drive away and didnt screw me with a red R... I got home diagnosed it as a bad clocking spring in the stearing wheel. So now wife has to drive my nissan while I fix her Subaru I'll be driving the datsun all week... not to far off the normal for me but it was raining off and on today. I generally wouldn't take the datsun on a day it was going to rain.. only because during the summer I try to drive my winter truck atleast once a week so rainy days work for that.... 

Needless to say everything worked out good, the rain stayed outside with the new door seals and truck drove just fine in the rain and I was definately glad to have the new tires... but damn the wipers suck.. they did their job but it just seemed like the arm wasn't keeping the wiper blade up against the windshield like it should...

20200511-154258.jpg

Also got these in today.... 3/4 blocks to add to the 2" in have already....

20200511-161958.jpg

I'm due for a sticker on the datsun too, and since the only place locally is the nissan dealer I'll wait till after to put these in... technically 2" is the legal limit for lowering the rear....