A 521 in Massachusetts

Crashtd420

This showed up yesterday.....

Uses the same floor mounting points for the lap belt, the shoulder harness has a single attachment point for the floor.... I'll have to drill a hole for that...

20180327_165638.jpg

I realized that I have 2 other people that wanna ride with in the truck.... wife and kid....

The harness might be a little over kill but it will be for my son in the middle when they both wanna go....

So the idea is to make the 2 buckets into a split bench.... for now I have some foam blocks as inserts in between the seats and probably a cheap bench seat cover...

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty sure you cannot safely mount that harness in a 521. Rear mount should not go straight to floor...

Ya I have thought of that. I have some ideas to correct that, basically I was thinking of a bar behind the center for the strap to come up and over and maintain an upper point that's closer to the shoulders....

I suppose that gives me something to look up and see how others actually mount them... I can always change it out for another style if needed, but i would like something more than just a lap belt in the middle. . .

• Like 1

So of course..... this is what I saw before which is why i decided to use what I am using for the center....

Screenshot_20180328-100917.png

Then I just now saw this....

Screenshot_20180328-100839.png

Seems like I will be ok if I can figure out an upper point for the strap to go around .... most examples I see the strap is going through a seat that can't move to achieve that other point....

• Like 1

Even with a small kid in the middle, that’s going to be a tight fit.

I remember riding “bitch” in my dad’s D21 back in the day. I had to tuck my left leg under/behind his so that he could still drive and shift.

Yup that's pretty much the way it will be...

we did a test fit with the 3 of us so we will be good. mostly it's just incase they both wanna go, basically to a couple local car shows and Sunday morning breakfast.. anything further will probably get uncomfortable real quick....

• Like 1

Also got the rattle can paint done on the bed.... not bad for $12 And little to no prep work... it will be removed at somepoint and get completely stripped and painted properly, but for now it's atleast one consistent color..

Then I did this on the tailgate..

20180328_191330.jpg

20180328_191322.jpg

Only a couple things left I can do before hopefully the next round of real paint...

If all goes well this weekend I'll check those items off. the datsun will get parked in my wife's garage and my shop will get set up to paint...

• Like 1

Well I got the front turn signal/ parking light wired and working...

I have the wires setup and ready to plug the fender lights in....

I also got the headlights wiring re done.... had to use my dremel on the terminals attached to the bulb... a bit of corrosion... I would have liked to put a couple new ends that plug into the bulbs , they didnt look too good but everything seemed to work so ... thats about all i had time for today...

• Like 1

Well i started to install the seat belts, didn't get to far... ended up having to order some longer bolts...

Atleast it should all go in pretty easy once I have the new bolts.....

Also got the doors back off...

Not much left to do now with out the fenders and doors painted, which is exactly where I was hoping to be at by the end of the month...

So the datsun will be moved into the wife's garage tomorrow ... and my garage will start being staged for paint....

• Like 1

Well the datsun got to stretch its legs a little today... couple quick joyrides down the road and back... now it will be hanging out in the wife's garage for a couple weeks....

20180401_171006.jpg

Now I need to clean this up and get setup...

20180401_171013.jpg

Still not sure the best way to try and stage these parts....

I would like to hang things and be able to spray all sides at once. I think i can do this with the dash and a few other parts but not the doors or fenders...

Any trick to fenders and doors.... I would like to paint every bit I can see, front back inside and out but I don't see how I can do that in one step...

I assume I have to do one side at a time..

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like postimg.org is having issues now... didn't wanna clutter Charlie's post with bitching about it....

I doubt I'll go back and fix this again.. I never even got through fixing photobucket......

If there's anything anyone wants to see please ask, I'll be happy to post new pics and discuss anything i have done.....

Well painting should be under way this weekend.... the last bit of prep work should be done by friday.... weather should be warm enough that I can heat my garage to a working temp for the paint to cure properly...

• Like 1

Imgur. Set posts to private. Copy link. Paste here. Voila.

I tried them before and couldn't get it to work... even with help I couldn't figure it out.... are you using a phone or computer?

I only use my phone....

I can get postimg to work but it's from a new web address so the previous links in my thread and others don't work....

This was the error they posted...

Screenshot_20180412-122753.png

• Like 1