wheel width vs tire width and driveability

Geez guys. We get the point. You don't like this kid, the way he thinks, or anything he likes. Now that that has been THOROUGHLY established, can we stop bitching about OPINIONS and actually get down to telling him the info he needs.

Quit shunning the non puritans just because they think you are wrong.

• Like 1
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has nothing to do with puritinism, mostly about some little prick trying to act like he's a badass with his "I doubt you'd be snarky if we were face to face" bullshit. Some people can't stand being flamed or told their opinion is shitty/wrong or whatever. I took it on the chin for saying I liked the nismo Idx, I didn't pitch a baby fit like the OP. And for the record, and I'm not a mike fanboy, he's right about respecting your ride. I don't believe it has much to do with topic, more to do with reaction to criticism. Hell even the noob turbo kid got over his flame job and came to realize it was because people don't want to see 510 hit the scrap heap over ill conceived diy, or in this case silly fad jackassery.

Geez guys. We get the point. You don't like this kid, the way he thinks, or anything he likes. Now that that has been THOROUGHLY established, can we stop bitching about OPINIONS and actually get down to telling him the info he needs.

Lockleaf: FFS READ the first post I made. And the next three. No flaming whatever. No one is telling me that I flamed them when I didn't without hearing back from me about it. Ten inch rims and flairs got it. I said not much sense running wider rims without wide tires. Also said 'But that's just me' and It's your canvas' ... so.... shrug.

(Post 22)....PO has low threshold of butt hurt and got pissed at your and paradimes' comments and lumped mine in with yours becoming all defensive.

Went off the tracks on a comment I made to you (Post 21) that had nothing to do with him at all. In both cases it''s all on him.

Geez guys. We get the point. You don't like this kid, the way he thinks, or anything he likes.

Wrong, don't dislike him or the way he thinks or anything he does. (at least didn't) In fact other than mention wider rear tires and narrower fronts what else is there? He hasn't mentioned stretched tires or running a 'camber mobile' so other than him lecturing me about not understanding camber how can I comment on what his plans are? Post 2 was strictly about wide rims and tires.

I can comment on his lack of respect for his Datsun though.

So BirdisThe Word, if you want to post a picture of what your are trying to make your 510 into and I disagree enough,  I will be glad to flame you for it openly. Then you will see the difference. But, if  just wide tires and flairs with different rims front and back then you are an easily butt-hurt drama queen.

• Like 1

So......

Funny thing is, im asking for the the exact reason dolomite states in the quote below.  I WAS concerned about a dramatic difference in rim width creating unpredictable behaivior and potentially ruining the project I have put 4 years into.  However, as I have already mentioned,  in the midst of all this douchbaggery I bought a more sensible staggered front sent.   

My quote was to show you how wrong you are, but I guess you didn't re-read it. Just like you didn't bother to read my profile to see if I even own a 510.... So thanks for the comment about the company I keep. Before you do this however, lookup the definition of "flaming" also. Now, show me where I flamed you in my first post. Here it is yet again....

Your Datsun is just an inanimate material object to you???? Really???? Congratulations ..... you've managed to tell all Datsun owners and all Ratsun members that they are fucking tools. Awesome. This goes a long way towards understanding all your butt hurt replies over nothing..

Start a poll and ask every Datsun owner here the following YES / NO, question. ...

Would you loose respect / have less respect, for someone that had no respect for their Datsun? Invariably the answer will be .... yes.

Now..... schools out.

guess Im not done  :blush:

Before I do what, read your profile???  I would have to care before I considered looking up information on you.  I already addressed your quote vomit, quoting yourself doesnt reinforce your point.  I am very happy you brought up the dictionary, since you dont seem to be getting the underlying message resonating from all of your posts. 

o·pin·ion

noun

1. a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

fact
    noun

1. a thing that is indisputably the case.

Pretty much everything after your initial post about tire size, fit the former definition.  Ironically, that is a fact.  Another fact, it is your opinion that a stanced datsun is inherently disrespectful.  Furthermore, I find it comical that there is some kind of assumption that one needs to have hard skin in order to ask a question on Ratsun without needing to defend himself to closed minded people.... A forum is a place to share information and ideas, and you claim you have so much respect for Ratsun and its members rides when they follow your rules yet you still refuse to actually lend positive and applicable feedback to make this forum a better source for current and future datsun owners.  if you dont like my "butthurtedness," than maybe YOU should get the fuck out of the thread, nothing but your ego is compelling you to post.  Now your assuming you know how the entire demographic of Ratsun would feel about flares and wide rims on a 510?   Stop filling your glorified social media platform with garbage.  Maybe try facebook? there lots of opinionated fools on there, youd fit right in. 

here is an applicable slang definition of "flaming" since it takes on so many meanings in todays world, and you dont seem to be able to keep up.

An online argument that becomes nasty or derisive, where insulting a party to the discussion takes precedence over the objective merits of one side or another

It has nothing to do with puritinism, mostly about some little prick trying to act like he's a badass with his "I doubt you'd be snarky if we were face to face" bullshit. Some people can't stand being flamed or told their opinion is shitty/wrong or whatever. I took it on the chin for saying I liked the nismo Idx, I didn't pitch a baby fit like the OP. And for the record, and I'm not a mike fanboy, he's right about respecting your ride. I don't believe it has much to do with topic, more to do with reaction to criticism. Hell even the noob turbo kid got over his flame job and came to realize it was because people don't want to see 510 hit the scrap heap over ill conceived diy, or in this case silly fad jackassery.

Whos actiing big guy?  I stand by my statement, get the fuck out if you dont like it.  If you like taking dicks on the chin, thats your prerogative, doesnt mean I have to.  Theres no rule I have to take shit from anyone when I come looking for information  the only reason fools havent been warned for this is because people like Mr. mike are moderating.  Like I said, if you dont like my "butthurtedness, nothing is compelling you to post other than your racism and insecurities.  sounds as if noob turbo kid wanted to fall in with the crowd, thats not my style, in fact, thats how you get a line of datsuns around the block that all look exactly the same.  I have owned my 510 for just short of 5 years and in fact I pulled it from a yard to save it, and have rebuilt and worked every part of this car to daily drive it for the entirety of the aforementioned time.  You can go ahead and take the foot out of your mouth now.....  

Lockleaf: FFS READ the first post I made. And the next three. No flaming whatever. No one is telling me that I flamed them when I didn't without hearing back from me about it. Ten inch rims and flairs got it. I said not much sense running wider rims without wide tires. Also said 'But that's just me' and It's your canvas' ... so.... shrug.

(Post 22)....PO has low threshold of butt hurt and got pissed at your and paradimes' comments and lumped mine in with yours becoming all defensive.

Went off the tracks on a comment I made to you (Post 21) that had nothing to do with him at all. In both cases it''s all on him.

Wrong, don't dislike him or the way he thinks or anything he does. (at least didn't) In fact other than mention wider rear tires and narrower fronts what else is there? He hasn't mentioned stretched tires or running a 'camber mobile' so other than him lecturing me about not understanding camber how can I comment on what his plans are? Post 2 was strictly about wide rims and tires.

I can comment on his lack of respect for his Datsun though.

So BirdisThe Word, if you want to post a picture of what your are trying to make your 510 into and I disagree enough,  I will be glad to flame you for it openly. Then you will see the difference. But, if  just wide tires and flairs with different rims front and back then you are an easily butt-hurt drama queen.

It was a vibe, I responded to the crowd mentality that was inevitably building because moderators (read: you) werent keeping the posts in check and applicable.  There isnt a photo reference for it, thats kind of the point.  Though an easy reference for the stance, and ride height, would be a slightly lowered hakosuka.  I already addressed your idea of respect, it is an opinion.

Oh...shit...you saved your 510 5 years ago, man you're fucking old school. Everyone should kiss your ass for being gods gift to datsuns. You're not even close to special around here, many have resurrected and daily driven their datsuns for a fuckton longer than that. I know many have done so longer than I have and I pulled mine out of that field in 2001, I'll help you with the math, that's 15 years ago. Maybe the one with foot in mouth disorder is you, feel free to take your race baiting, homophobic remarks, and millennial-esque attitude and shove it all up your ass. Honestly, your idiocy is so blatant that if your join date wasn't 2011, I'd think you were one of HRH's fake accounts.

An opinion by it's very definition cannot be wrong.

flaming
An online argument that becomes nasty or derisive, where insulting a party to the discussion takes precedence over the objective merits of one side or another

READ
You don't read anything do you? You still haven't answered my question about where I was disrespectful or by your posted definition of flaming... "nasty, derisive or insulting" to you in the first 6 posts, even though your 'idea' of flaming seems to be basically a different opinion than yours.  So, point out my 'flaming' will you?

READ
I don't own a 510 so your comment about my 510 was ignorant. Stupid actually.

READ
Post 21 (my post 7)  comments about respect and camber was for Lockleaf, I thought his comment incorrect, but you got all defensive about it, actually derisive and insulting. How could anyone be offended by someone saying there is something wrong when form interferes with function and anything carried to extreme, like camber, is wrong and dangerous???

Feedback on the forum
You will learn nothing from positive feedback. Positive feedback is just an atta boy, nice to get and nice to give. Negative feedback is just another way to look at something.... a useful tool the receiver can use or not. Some get all butt hurt by it and thus a thick skin is another useful tool to have.

Now you are swearing at me and saying....

Now your assuming you know how the entire demographic of Ratsun would feel about flares and wide rims on a 510?    n.

Again don't be a tool I haven't said one thing negative or wrong about your choice rims and flairs. My post #5....

READ

I think it's for a 'look', Like (but not) herra frush, stretch etc. Narrower fronts always make the rears look wider and compliment a RWD car. Ten inch is way more than I would run or flairs but not saying this is wrong. Styles come into fashion and then disappear. Have fun.

Or did you mean this demographic? Here is the poll I suggested YOU making here. Totally about respect for your Datsun and nothing about 'flairs, and rims, nor 'stance'.

READ

Your Datsun is just an inanimate material object to you???? Really???? Congratulations ..... you've managed to tell all Datsun owners and all Ratsun members that they are fucking tools. Awesome. This goes a long way towards understanding all your butt hurt replies over nothing..

Start a poll and ask every Datsun owner here the following YES / NO, question. ...

Would you loose respect / have less respect, for someone that had no respect for their Datsun? Invariably the answer will be .... yes.

Now..... schools out.

For christ's sake, get over your thin skin butt hurt. It's getting in your way of doing your homework.

Oh...shit...you saved your 510 5 years ago, man you're fucking old school. Everyone should kiss your ass for being gods gift to datsuns. You're not even close to special around here, many have resurrected and daily driven their datsuns for a fuckton longer than that. I know many have done so longer than I have and I pulled mine out of that field in 2001, I'll help you with the math, that's 15 years ago. Maybe the one with foot in mouth disorder is you, feel free to take your race baiting, homophobic remarks, and millennial-esque attitude and shove it all up your ass. Honestly, your idiocy is so blatant that if your join date wasn't 2011, I'd think you were one of HRH's fake accounts.

Ok let me get this straight, you assume my ride will end up in a junk yard if I dont follow the crowd.  That assumption is shit on, and now I havent owned my datsun long enough to be "allowed" to call out old trolls that like to sound off behind a computer screen??   My "homophobic" comment was a pun smart guy, and now apparently calling out a racist is baiting.  Just reaching for whatever you think will stick eh?  Its ok, this is not the first time I have dealt with a demented fool that thinks being old inexplicably grants ones respect. Some in your generation have problems grasping the concept of earning, hows that social security treating you?  See what I did there, I can make blind assumptions about your age too!  

An opinion by it's very definition cannot be wrong.

flaming

READ

You don't read anything do you? You still haven't answered my question about where I was disrespectful or by your posted definition of flaming... "nasty, derisive or insulting" to you in the first 6 posts, even though your 'idea' of flaming seems to be basically a different opinion than yours. So, point out my 'flaming' will you?

READ

I don't own a 510 so your comment about my 510 was ignorant. Stupid actually.

READ

Post 21 (my post 7) comments about respect and camber was for Lockleaf, I thought his comment incorrect, but you got all defensive about it, actually derisive and insulting. How could anyone be offended by someone saying there is something wrong when form interferes with function and anything carried to extreme, like camber, is wrong and dangerous???

Feedback on the forum

You will learn nothing from positive feedback. Positive feedback is just an atta boy, nice to get and nice to give. Negative feedback is just another way to look at something.... a useful tool the receiver can use or not. Some get all butt hurt by it and thus a thick skin is another useful tool to have.

Now you are swearing at me and saying....

Now your assuming you know how the entire demographic of Ratsun would feel about flares and wide rims on a 510? n.

Again don't be a tool I haven't said one thing negative or wrong about your choice rims and flairs. My post #5....

READ

I think it's for a 'look', Like (but not) herra frush, stretch etc. Narrower fronts always make the rears look wider and compliment a RWD car. Ten inch is way more than I would run or flairs but not saying this is wrong. Styles come into fashion and then disappear. Have fun.

Or did you mean this demographic? Here is the poll I suggested YOU making here. Totally about respect for your Datsun and nothing about 'flairs, and rims, nor 'stance'.

READ

Now..... schools out.

For christ's sake, get over your thin skin butt hurt. It's getting in your way of doing your homework.

.......................................................................................................................................... quote vomit

My "homophobic" comment was a pun smart guy, and now apparently calling out a racist is baiting.

Ok, you're now proving just how low your IQ is. Your homophobic comment wasn't a pun in the slightest.

Pun

make a joke exploiting the different possible meanings of a word.

Now your pun excuse is gone, let's get to the race baiting. It wasn't an American that coined the term herra frush, it was Japanese youths, using a term that a group made about themselves isn't racist. For the record, I never assumed anything about your age, I just stated you act like a millenial...self righteous, whiney, and a sense of self entitlement. It's funny you're still hiding behind this air of indignation over people shitting on your thread that's supposedly about you trying to gather information when you've admitted you already bought a set or rims, negating your need for information gathering. By all means, keep posting ridiculous rhetoric and false accusations, a bit of dipshit bashing is always fun to pass the time.

I have found a few different things on the net about this, but nothing specific.   I have a pair of 14x10 -32 Watanabe RS that I will be putting behind some flares on the rear of the dime before spring time.  I am looking to pick up a pair of SSRs to "complete" my 14 inch wheel set.  The issue I am running into is the pair of SSRs i am currently eyeballing for the front are 14x7.5 -6.  They are 3 piece welded, and I plane to re barrel them, I am curious as to if I can install them as they are currently, with no ill effects, if I keep my tire size in check.  I plan to use 185s for the front and 205s for the rear, when I mentioned this to a drift clique I hang with they said it was going to be doomsday for my handling and ride characteristics.  I dont plan on drifting or pushing the car on my "new" $2k+ wheels, but Id still like to have some safe spirited fun at any given time.  

question:  are the negative effects of a 2.5 inch difference in width between front and rear wheels mitigated if tires size is kept under a 20mm difference?

thanks for any input!

WOW, I bet you regret thanking them for any input now.

They don't have any idea what this next statement means, "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all", you need to go to the people that do this type of stuff to get any reasonable information, as this is just a bait fest now, as 99 percent of the folks on here won't even get to the 3rd page before moving on, even if they know the answer, they will just get flamed also, so they will not even reply.

You need to forget this thread even exists, I now remember why I took a 2 year break from this place.

tumblr_inline_nwlp59IC9O1sht60p_400.jpg

What about answering my questions?

eeca4bc605ba088726dfaca2130b344e.jpg

keep fluffing that post count my man, glad i can help pump your ego. 

Ok, you're now proving just how low your IQ is. Your homophobic comment wasn't a pun in the slightest.

Pun

make a joke exploiting the different possible meanings of a word.

I took it on the chin for liking the IDx

Now your pun excuse is gone, let's get to the race baiting. It wasn't an American that coined the term herra frush, it was Japanese youths, using a term that a group made about themselves isn't racist. For the record, I never assumed anything about your age, I just stated you act like a millenial...self righteous, whiney, and a sense of self entitlement. It's funny you're still hiding behind this air of indignation over people shitting on your thread that's supposedly about you trying to gather information when you've admitted you already bought a set or rims, negating your need for information gathering. By all means, keep posting ridiculous rhetoric and false accusations, a bit of dipshit bashing is always fun to pass the time.

the pun was on the people giving it to you on the chin, and your willingness to take it from the opinionated dicks in the flame brigade....  theres another piece of poop for your face.  Slow down buddy, down want those big words to tire you out.  Regardless of how youd like to split the hair, you tried to marginalize me then I called you out, then you moved on to the next attempt at an insult.  RREEEEAAACHIIINGG!!!   Youre absolutely right, I did say this was a moot point, yet your still posting....  Whos hiding?  You have yet to lend Relevant information to this thread, Ill say it as long as youd like to keep embarrassing yourself, dementia is a serious illness, I dont mind humoring you. 

All dignity is gone. RIP Ratsun.

no doubt.

WOW, I bet you regret thanking them for any input now.

They don't have any idea what this next statement means, "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all", you need to go to the people that do this type of stuff to get any reasonable information, as this is just a bait fest now, as 99 percent of the folks on here won't even get to the 3rd page before moving on, even if they know the answer, they will just get flamed also, so they will not even reply.

You need to forget this thread even exists, I now remember why I took a 2 year break from this place.

indeed.  I imagine there intent was to bury my post since I ruffled some feathers.  I was thinking about that statement when this first started to snowball.  Really is sad, this is the place that helped keep my ride on the road!

On good and bad....

Feedback on the forum

....and apparently flaming now includes anyone with a different idea/view/opinion/observation than the OP. 

Wayno, muddle through the first page objectively.  Post 6 he says objections but I made none, by post 19 he is in full defensive mode and says neighsayers but no one said it shouldn't be done.  By post 22 he drags me into it for comments I made to Lockleaf and is in full butt hurt. He accused me of flaming him in my first 6 posts and am still waiting for his explanation on that....

..... and BirdIsTheWord

eeca4bc605ba088726dfaca2130b344e.jpg

But you can't can you? because I said nothing to you on page one that could be taken for flaming. You have no one to blame but yourself in this matter.  

On good and bad....

....and apparently flaming now includes anyone with a different idea/view/opinion/observation than the OP. 

Wayno, muddle through the first page objectively.  Post 6 he says objections but I made none, by post 19 he is in full defensive mode and says neighsayers but no one said it shouldn't be done.  By post 22 he drags me into it for comments I made to Lockleaf and is in full butt hurt. He accused me of flaming him in my first 6 posts and am still waiting for his explanation on that....

But you can't can you? because I said nothing to you on page one that could be taken for flaming. You have no one to blame but yourself in this matter.  

and theeeeeennnn fluff fluff fluffity mcflufferson.  Its not that I cant, I wont, you no longer warrant a detailed response.  your point of view changes as fast as I can read it.

Online wannabullies dont like when you get the drop on them.

the pun was on the people giving it to you on the chin..I called you out... You have yet to lend Relevant information to this thread

Still not a pun genius...you were grasping at straws calling me a racist...get of your short bus and read post 15, it has the most pertinent info you needed but your butthurt flowed because I pointed out your lack of knowledge relative to Speed Star Racing wheels. The entirety of your posts are pretty much wonk wonk wonk like Charlie Brown's fucking teacher.

The 14x10 -32's are going to need a bigger flare, but that shouldn't look bad

What will look bad is a 205 on a 10" wheel. Toyo R888's come in 225/50/14, but something even wider would look good in the back.

here's a 195/45 on a 15x10 .. I doubt it's the look you want, and you don't need much stretch to fit those wheels:

31279049125_840a64474b_z.jpg

• Like 1