ZX Rear Disc Conversion on the 510

Noflers

Starting a thread here in hopes of any information provided can end up on search results easier. With that being said, I haven't heard of many people doing zx brakes in the rear, but I'm hoping to find at least someone who has...

My questions mainly pertains to the E-Brake set up. FutoFab sells the brackets, for anyone wondering where to get them. I asked FutoFab these questions, but they weren't sure about setting up the e-brake

Is there interference with anything when hooking up the linkage? 

I don't have an e-brake cable on my car at the moment, so should I look for 510 cables or the ZX cables?

What about the brake lever, can the ZX lever be used? I'd like to use a lever, rather than the 510 pull handle.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What year ZX rear calipers? The '79 & '80 are a strange caliper similar to stock 510 front calipers. '81-'83 are like the 200sx and Maxima, but they all have different ebrake bracket orientations.

I have Maxima calipers on my 510, and I've been trying to figure out a parking brake. Hydraulic is out of the question. Parking/emergency brakes are mechincal for a reason.

My thoughts exactly on the hydraulic style e-brake.

The brackets are for 82-83 rotors and calipers.

This would be another story if I had the parts in hand, but I want to be sure they'll do exactly what I need them to before I spend money on parts.

• 4 weeks later...