HOGIE

barNLove!

That's awesome.  Nice work and congratulations. 

• Like 3

I think Draker's pic explain your first question.

It was about 115-120 miles. Took the long way on back roads because 55mph was just enough for the old girl.

Don't think I'd wanna go much over 55MPH in a stock suspension 320 for much of a distance. Mighty Mouse's suspension is pretty tight and has new shocks all round and 55 is plenty enough for me. I've found the short wheelbase, narrow track and hard sprung ride at speed can get a bit freaky on some roads and wind conditions. The reaction these little pickups induce in other drivers and bystanders makes it all worthwhile.

That's a beautiful little survivor truk and a time travel capsule, Hoagie. You're a very lucky man.

• Like 7

Don't think I'd wanna go much over 55MPH in a stock suspension 320 for much of a distance. Mighty Mouse's suspension is pretty tight and has new shocks all round and 55 is plenty enough for me. I've found the short wheelbase, narrow track and hard sprung ride at speed can get a bit freaky on some roads and wind conditions. The reaction these little pickups induce in other drivers and bystanders makes it all worthwhile.

That's a beautiful little survivor truk and a time travel capsule, Hoagie. You're a very lucky man.

Once you get over the unstable jolts and learn to expect them, its do-able.    Its easier and far more comfortable if you put a heavy load in bed, but if you go with too much weight the steering can get scary light.  I've driven ~3 hours with a couch in the bed at ~65, and used to commute an hour on the highway each way to one job.  

• Like 4

I plan to change the rear ratio to 4:11 which should net me 50-60 MPH cruising without excessively winding the E1 which is plenty fine for my driving conditions and should still have pretty good low speed acceleration. 

I don't want to go to the 3:8? ratio as i won't be doing a lot of highway driving; mostly around town and I feel that I'd give up more low end than I'd like.

This is a future project as I haven't acquired a 4:11 third member yet. Will start looking for a good one soon. 

• Like 2

All the normal ratios used to be easy to find when there was several 620/720s in the wrecking yards every day, but now it is hard to find more than one or two of either of them in the 3 yards around here, there are no 620s right now, there's an 81 and 83, and there are six 84-86 Nissan trucks, an 84 and 85 are certain to be 720s, but the four 86s could be 720s or D21s, there appears to be quite a few here right now, last time I checked there was only one 720.

The 411 ratio is hard to find in 720s, but the 620s had them, unfortunately there are no 620s in any of our local Portland area yards.

• Like 2

This great that you won at Canby!!!

• Like 1

Little updates on my truck. Sourced parts and rebuild the carb. Runs great now. This summer we drove down to a near by parade/fair and car meet. And the generator stopped charging. Just got the generator and regulator back from the shop. Should be good to go.

Ty1mBtn_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

The line up for parade. Leading the way

rAvXjo3_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

The line up at ‘show’.  I’m at the other end

ELQaShW_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Didnt realize until after the fact how dim those headlights are. 

Edited by HOGIE
Bad link
  • Like 2

On 11/14/2018 at 5:07 PM, wayno said:

I cannot see the image when I click on the link, I get a 404 you have taken a wrong turn page.

Fixed