Newbie with a 710 wagon

Hey guys. I've been on the datsun scene for about 10 years now, mostly with Z's and a couple 510's.

After taking a break from Datsuns, i'm back with a vengeance. What better way to start than my new 710 wagon? I still have to pick it up, but here's some pics:

IMGP5053.jpg

IMGP5054.jpg

IMGP5055.jpg

IMGP5056.jpg

IMGP5059.jpg

IMGP5063.jpg

IMGP5064.jpg

IMGP50652.jpg

IMGP5066.jpg

IMGP5067.jpg

IMGP50682.jpg

IMGP5071.jpg

The plan? Narrowed rx7 solid rear axle with disc brakes, LSD, and axles drilled to 4x114.3, bigger front brakes (280zxt?), and a turbo Ka24de. IT should make for a fun daily driver.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the wood grain. Welcome, great screen name!

Fill out your location in your profile so we know where you are!

That is a great 710, and the folks on Ratsun will have more appreciation for it than anywhere else!

Gonna rock it as is or do you have bigger plans? (Edit- Ahhh saw your plans under the photo. Sounds fantastic! And damn, that is one clean wagon!)

Edited by fisch
Guest jaimesix

Very nice wagon, congratulations.

Beautifull condition, excellent shape, you are a lucky guy, and your wagon is one of the alltime big time Datsun wagons, together with the 610 and other less known and exclusive Datsun wagons.

Very cool.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

Hey guys. I've been on the datsun scene for about 10 years now, mostly with Z's and a couple 510's.

After taking a break from Datsuns, i'm back with a vengeance. What better way to start than my new 710 wagon?

The plan? Narrowed rx7 solid rear axle with disc brakes, LSD, and axles drilled to 4x114.3, bigger front brakes (280zxt?), and a turbo Ka24de. IT should make for a fun daily driver.

If you get the 84-85 RX7 GSL-SE rear axle assembly you get stronger axles and it will already be 4x114.3mm bolt pattern.

A side note to you (having actually completed the RX7 diff swap into a 510 wagon) is that the 710 is wider in the back than the 510 and the diff might actually fit without having to be narrowed, just depends what kind of wheels you want to run.

Tire edge to tire edge with 205-50-zr16 on 1990 300zx non turbo 16x7.5 +45mm offset wheels measures out to approx 63inches in width, I believe the 710 has 62.5 inches of room under the fender lips and if you rolled them you could get another .75 inch and make it fit.

The 510 only had 59-61 inches of room.

Me and my brother eventually plan to do the GSL-SE swap into his 710 wagon when we VG it.

Nice car by the way.

Where and how much if you don`t mind me asking?

Edited by vgwagon

Thanks for all the support guys!

To answer a couple questions, yes, this was the one on craiglist...i think it was up there for about a week. I actually still have to go and pick it up.

I paid $1675 for it, which i thought was a fair price, it'll probably cost me another $200 or so to get it home from Portland to SF Bay Area including air and gas.

I'll take more pics of it when i pick it up!

I paid $1675 for it, which i thought was a fair price, it'll probably cost me another $200 or so to get it home from Portland to SF Bay Area including air and gas.

From where I am sitting that sounds like a GREAT deal! It is beautiful!

Thats nicer than mine, but I got mine cheaper. Youre still ahead of me anyway since you have what looks like new paint.

Looks like yours was white before. You have a nicer interior, I have the brownish tan interior and a good dash still. Mines a 74 and once I get everything I am putting a JDM L18 with a 280ZX five speed in it.

710wagon001.jpg

710wagon005.jpg

710wagon013.jpg

The car was repainted a couple years ago by the original owner who sold it to the guy i bought it from, and he prettymuch had the car for a couple weeks before selling to me. It's practically a one owner car.

It's a 75 with an l20b, 4 speed, and air conditioning.

The plan? Narrowed rx7 solid rear axle with disc brakes, LSD, and axles drilled to 4x114.3, bigger front brakes (280zxt?)...

FWIW, the 280ZX Turbo has the same brakes as the 280ZX, so don't kill yourself looking for a Turbo "donor". And they would be a super great upgrade, especially if you plan to lower it. :D

I have been dialy driving a 76 (really a 77) wagon. I love it. Room for 2 kids and 2 dogs. The L20b uses oil but its fairly good on gas. Messing with the idea of a turbo diesel in it. I cannot find pictures right now. I will post them when I find them.

I was watching that clean orange wagon with interest.

That is a great find!!

Todd