Chocolate covered circus peanut

Icehouse

On 12/16/2019 at 10:39 AM, mklotz70 said:

In that case, I have some info for you.  I've been meaning to get it put up on my site for months now.  I guess I'll have to get that done soon. lol

You've been tinkering with electric power steering?  Do tell!!! 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

13x7 zero with 225's.  I have zx struts and deleted the inner lip in the back and run lots of camber.   They would fit a US sedan the same.  Not a 4 door since the lip is the inner door frame.  

• Like 1
On 8/12/2021 at 2:03 PM, Icehouse said:

13x7 zero with 225's.  I have zx struts and deleted the inner lip in the back and run lots of camber.   They would fit a US sedan the same.  Not a 4 door since the lip is the inner door frame.  

question.....you mention zx front struts.....are you running stock 510 brakes and have no issues?? I have 13x7 libras for my 69 but didn't think I could bring it in with zx struts because the wheels are 13, not 14.  Please confirm. THanks,!!

2 hours ago, five1oh said:

question.....you mention zx front struts.....are you running stock 510 brakes and have no issues?? I have 13x7 libras for my 69 but didn't think I could bring it in with zx struts because the wheels are 13, not 14.  Please confirm. THanks,!!

It's zx struts and brakes.  I had to sand on the calipers just a touch so they wouldn't rub.  I also run 5" springs so the spring is over the tire giving me more tire clearance.  

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Icehouse said:

It's zx struts and brakes.  I had to sand on the calipers just a touch so they wouldn't rub.  I also run 5" springs so the spring is over the tire giving me more tire clearance.  

awesome! Thank you for the additional info 

• 2 years later...

Got my coupe going again.  Lost all the brakes a while ago.  I procrastinated because i thought the JDM replacement for the brake switch was giant T making the system if you lost any of the brakes you lost all of them.  Turns out I was wrong.  unfortunately I had to pull it all part to find out.  After fixing the brakes I wanted to figure out how the exhaust stink was getting in the car.  I borrowed Josh's smoke machine.  He said the smoke stinks but using other methods I just wasn't able to get any results.  So I decided just to fill the car with smoke.  Like my younger years.  Found the leaks!  I never noticed until doing this you can look from the trunk area and see the chrome vents in the C pillar.  Pretty obvious why the stink is getting into the cabin.  Although while doing this I noticed my fuel tank leaks.... swap O rings with a used one and it still leaks.  I ordered one from Nissan.  While ordering parts for the coupe I ordered a new thermostat since the motor never seems to warm up.  

IMG_6552.thumb.jpg.dde7988e38204d6c51d9e7bb2fa95c19.jpg

I was wrong... again.....  but it was nice to know what's really inside all these parts.  

IMG_6553.thumb.jpg.c37859a85ca5b4057c4f81a935f9d993.jpg

Yep it stinks.  

IMG_6598.thumb.jpg.0de42e8ca8f585e6d93f5c2390213274.jpg

Found the problem!  I actually pulled the rear seat and quarter panel trim pieces adn used this fancy tape from work.  Which did help some.  But this is the real problem.  I hope.  

IMG_6597.thumb.jpg.33109cd1a86364edc98f0673589bd947.jpg

Added some space tape!  

IMG_6602.thumb.jpg.e1783cf5bab00f2e69f4d2d62e55b64a.jpg

• Like 3

I still have the fuel tank leak... But Soon that will be fixed.  Little by little with old cars.  I mean it's just a drip.  Can't a guy still drive it? 

I also removed those wires.  Some sort of added in extra brake lights.  

IMG_6599.thumb.jpg.c3060ba845d78722fd18e4f7c563f4c5.jpg

Yeah we are just going to drive it anyways.  

IMG_6586.thumb.jpg.423fac433a2bae9a92454de7148019e3.jpg

• Like 7
8 hours ago, Icehouse said:

I still have the fuel tank leak... But Soon that will be fixed.  Little by little with old cars.  I mean it's just a drip.  Can't a guy still drive it? ...

Yeah we are just going to drive it anyways. 

Leaking gas tank, wires... driving be like....

image.gif.1be23e95a0bfe12e2f89ae368afcdb7d.gif