Icehouse

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Getting work done!  The goal is to drive it to Canby.  We shall see.  I have a small window of time before I need to do a job for someone else.  So the goal is to get the engine bay done.  Frank helped me pull the engine.   I also build some LCA's and have a manual pedal box and RHD steering rack on the way.  I don't have much time to get it done!  

Metric heim joints!  

dnlht2V.jpg

Yuck!  Needs some love! 

fSsC0Q2.jpg

RHD steering for sale!  

n3fjOrK.jpg

Frank helping out

QpMpXrv.jpg

Well the easiest part of the project is done..  Now to decide the color, rad intercooler combo, motor blaw blaw, blaw...  

XszTomV.jpg

• Like 4

Can't wait to see you rocking a dropped coupe Jeff. Good luck! You going SR?

Yeah SR is quick and simple.  Been working on my rotisserie a bunch, and don't want make the coupe into a bigger project than it already is, taking more time away from my other projects such as the rotisserie.  A turbo KA or anything with lots of fabrication really adds on the time.  With our rack and pinion conversion and the CAN/AM box the biggest thing left to sort out is the intercooler/rad combo and I have a great idea as I don't like any of the kits offered.  I have to get the coupe going with an turbo motor before Canby.  Seems everyone is driving a turbo car down this year.  I don't want to be the slow guy in the back with an NA SR.    

• Like 2

Yeah both my JDM cars that were imported both had those electric pumps...  Which is weird in all my years I only had one mechanical pump fail and it was due to running it dry a bunch of times.  

• Like 1

Missed an important detail on that Coupe you got there Jeff. You don't actually OWN it until you update your Cars: list

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-06%20at%201.28.0

MISSING ^

Congrats BTW  :thumbup: 

Wow I really need to update that list! 

• Like 3

Fixed  it!!  Wow we really need to allow more charters.  I had to abbreviate big time!   

Missed an important detail on that Coupe you got there Jeff. You don't actually OWN it until you update your Cars: list

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-06%20at%201.28.0

MISSING ^

Congrats BTW  :thumbup: 

Yeah, list looks a little short.

• Like 3

Getting more done!  Some good surprises and some bad ones.  I've seen it all before so nothing to worry about  :)   Here are some updated pics of the progress.  There is just something calming maybe something like meditating when cranking up the punk rock and stripping an engine bay.  It's always been my favorite part of a car build.  Making a nice engine bay to me is just a must.  

Rz3GklS.jpg?1

Who would have thought!  Solid upper frame rails!  Boy was I happy to see that :)  

NBPFBvD.jpg

hmmm they mudded the holes but then couldn't remember the proper logo placement :)  

zg9ZcHh.jpg?1

TA4en2G.jpg

Ordered and received the intercooler and radiator.  Somehow the radiator didn't get a scratch even though this big dent was in the box.  

13dXJqf.jpg

YK9HCJP.jpg

PgXMok0.jpg?1

Kinda cool with no brake indicator light.  

ozEHPn6.jpg

• Like 9

Okay. I saw you had a great idea for the rad and intercooler, but DAMN I'm dying to know more.  Are you able to keep the center brace with that Mishimoto intercooler? At 3"X11.5X27.5 it seems a bit big to fit in the little indent at the bottom. Hard to tell from where I'm sitting.

Your coupe being all JDM RHD and all, I would imagine you'll keep the stock bottom turbo mount setup on the SR, so odds are the intercooler will be mounted low. If you have no choice but to cut out the center brace (as you know upper brace then get's floppy) I wanted to share my solution. Although my intercooler is taller over all, I believe it's as wide and deep as yours. I actually used the intercooler mounting bungs to support the upper rad brace. I just used a few extra washers to space it so the hood latch pin didn't hit the top of the IC. Worked out real good. Only disadvantage is it would put your inlet up high, but at the sane time, the cool air outlet would line right up with the throttle body. 

I won't even bill you the $.02 for that one.  :lol:

God Speed Jeff

• Like 1