I have a problem here

I have an issue that only happens when I am logged onto Ratsun, I have 4 windows open, and it never happens in any of them other windows, it only happens here on Ratsun when I am logged in.

I get this page with a lot of red and white, it has a women's voice telling me I need to call this number, (877)505-0004, I searched this number and this is what I found.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I got this pop-up message on my computer: "A username and password are being requested by http://sub.inconsistentog.top. The site says: “Security Update Error 0xB6649373 Help Desk: +1 (877) 505-0004 (TOLL-FREE).” Also a Firefox browser tab was open. The URL read "data.text/html;base64.PCFETONUWVBFIGh01..." A fake Security Essentials panel said "PC status: At Risk." Under that it said "There was a dangerous try to get an access to your personal logins & bank information..." The rest is written in more poor English, with another fake notification box that said "Windows Security Essential wasn't able to block virus... windows couldn't install the definition update" and to "Please Contact Help Desk: +1 (877) 505-0004 (Toll Free). I used Task Manager to shut down my browser, then ran Malwarebytes which found nothing wrong. I believe this is a phishing attempt by hackers in a foreign country and can be safely ignored. Do not call the number because that will give them your phone number.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Has anyone else on here had this happen?

I repeat it only happens to me when I am logged in on here, if I am not logged in it does not happen, and it don't happen anywhere else either, just when I am logged in on Ratsun.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Install ADWCleaner, possible you have an infection. Been using it for a few years and it updates often.

It takes a few minutes to scan your computer then you click 'OK' to confirm clean/restart your computer. 

Once your computer restarts, a text of what it cleaned out will show up. You can just close that.

Malwarebytes takes a long time to scan and clean and it's barely effective for me. 

https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/

You may also want UBlock Origin, the same as Adblock but with more options. 

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/

I have Google Chrome, the thing is that it don't happen on any other window I have open, and I am logged in all day on them, I am not logged in all day here, I only log in here if I read something I want to comment on.

It only happens when I am logged in on Ratsun, I can surf Ratsun all day long while not logged in and it has never happened, and it's never happened on any of my other open windows ever.

I have run ad blockers now, I never see ads and I belong to a few forums that have a lot of ads, if I turn the blocker off it's like a different place/forum, I also have a good virus/malware blocker that I use, which has fixed my computer in the past, and I have not had an issue since, and I updated it when this happened the first time, it found nothing.

I have Google Chrome, the thing is that it don't happen on any other window I have open, and I am logged in all day on them, I am not logged in all day here, I only log in here if I read something I want to comment on.

It only happens when I am logged in on Ratsun, I can surf Ratsun all day long while not logged in and it has never happened, and it's never happened on any of my other open windows ever.

I have run ad blockers now, I never see ads and I belong to a few forums that have a lot of ads, if I turn the blocker off it's like a different place/forum, I also have a good virus/malware blocker that I use, which has fixed my computer in the past, and I have not had an issue since, and I updated it when this happened the first time, it found nothing.

Possibly some extension is installed in your browser and you don't know about it, it happens. Should check that just in case. 

Also might want to check the programs to make sure.  

I checked only have the one extension that blocks trackers.

If I don't log in here, I don't have an issue, period, it has never happened anywhere else.

The last program installed was back in May, that was the Superantispyware program, that was what I updated and ran the first time I had this issue, it found nothing.

Possibly some extension is installed in your browser and you don't know about it, it happens. Should check that just in case. 

Also might want to check the programs to make sure.