280 ZX Suspension mod's & lowering -- Pictures if you have em

I have not found a lot of information regarding 280ZX suspension mod's. We have some obstacles which have been overcome for the S30 platform by many. I see S130's lowered with severe camber and say I want to do this right (Correct car geometry). I suggest reading through what has been posted for S30's. Good information about changing spring height/rate and how it affects bottoming of strut and stiffness (ride) change.

If I am incorrect, ill informed,  please inform me.

Coil overs, Cut Springs, Lowering springs, Swapped out rear end, Air bags. Show what you have done and some spec's would help anyone looking to improve what they have. I am hoping to build a small library here to help get through the process of which path suits the desired result. The wheel has been invented and the wealth of information and ingenuity I see here is wanted. Post up what you did and why. Others can look up ways to meet their goals for suspension upgrade. Love my car and want more from it

Current project lower my car about  1"-1 1/2" . I will need a way for camber on all wheels to proper adj. once lowered. I would think camber plates.  I have access to new koni gas replacements, don't honestly know if these would;  1) work if I lower   2) be an upgrade in performance over stock strut. Do I need to section strut for 1 1/2" less travel I will have as a result of lowering?

https://goo.gl/photos/EKjMaN6YVRTdhseF7

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look up 'Penultimate Rear Cross member' It's usually for the 510 but there is even a kit that you weld in and corrects for lowering somewhat like bump steer spacers correct a lowered front. Just transfer the idea over to the zx. Maybe there is already a kit for them.This corrects the weird camber when lowered.

• Like 1

Definitely for the similar 510. Maybe for the Z they are so close to the same. I tried to find the post but couldn't. Their search function is deficient. Very quality parts. He is a machinist by trade. I'd almost say OCD quality.

• Like 1