Datsun 411 New master cylinders

mustninty

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on just which 411 you want!  datsunparts.com lists a 1500 ROADSTER Master cylinder Original Nissan part replacement brake master cylinder [in original Nissan packaging] with the warning "Not suitable for installation since the outlet is on the wrong side" AND THIS IS TRUE FOR the JDM 1500 cc unit roadster but puts the replacement unit configuration perfect for the export RL411 units!  Will fit "Normal" 411 and probably 410 J engine units also. The top side brake fluid cylinder is indeed smaller than the original RL411 unit, but works just fine!  If in doubt. unbolt the RL411 larger master cylinder and replace with the provided replacement units new master cylinder brake fluid unit.  I just went with the flow and used the new units mastercylinder but I am compltetely satisfied with its capacity and appreciate the built-in fluid filter assembly!  It might seem a bit "pricey" but is a genuine Datsun part and mine just works!  Beats the at best 1 year warranty on trade tree rebuilt original units, I HAVE THE REMAINS OF SEVERAL SO CALLED REBUILT BRAKE MASTER CYLINDERS TO PROVE THAT THEY SELDOM LAST MORE THAN 1 YEAR!