My 1974 620 Blue Pill Build

Acardiel11

Hello y'all!

Just bought my first Datsun. Always been a fan of these trucks and finally decided to pick one up. Traded my AR-15 and some cash. My buddies already named it "The Blue Pill". Lol

Previous owner replaced the frame with a 79 frame, painted the frame black, bored out the motor to a 2.1, Weber carb, and added a 78 280z 5 speed transmission with a 240mm clutch.

EFED014C-818D-4B09-917B-90791E4FD268_zps

AB475778-7747-475E-908B-81F7EBCA52D6_zps

A1818145-6328-42D6-A72A-0D3637A61DCD_zps

48B06D76-95C6-448A-9A1F-AE532AA3EB1B_zps

7EEE4C23-981B-440E-A8C4-8B803EC42FE7_zps

As you can see, the interior is just flawless. Lol Lovely dust and carpet that's falling apart.

BAC24734-A326-46F8-98E4-486736E8ED15_zps

I stripped the interior, scrubbed the floors, laid down sound proof. I trimmed out a piece of masonite, wrapped it in truck liner and glued it up against the back wall.

I couldn't stand the top of the dash so I pulled the dash, sanded the metal part that meets up against the window and painted it black (will post pictures when I get home). Ended up added some leds I had laying around and wow, what a night and day difference. I can finally see everything on the dash. Haha

• Like 4
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two problems I am encountering that I hope you guys can help me out with.

First, the transmission making a whining noise. It happens in neutral and when I press the clutch in, the noise goes away. 1st 2nd and 5th this noise comes back at all speeds. 3rd and 4th there is no noise at all.

Second, I lowered my truck with the torsion bars and ended up blowing a shock. Lowered it to where I wanted it to be and when I took it out for a spin, it ended up lowering more and was rubbing the tire. Checked the shock and oil was running down it.

Should I purchase a KYB lowering shock or keep the stock shocks?

• Like 1

you said it yourself:you blew your shocks. So why would you keep them? Unless you meant replacing with same model again. No you need new ones and shorter too. Dunno about KYBs performance. Dont think the brand/quality matters with the trucks weight.

• Like 1

you said it yourself:you blew your shocks. So why would you keep them? Unless you meant replacing with same model again. No you need new ones and shorter too. Dunno about KYBs performance. Dont think the brand/quality matters with the trucks weight.

My apologies, I should have elaborated more. Yes I meant stock new shocks.

Ford pinto shocks is what I should be purchasing right?

• Like 1

You need one of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/dial-gauge-angle-finder-34214.html

Nice truck!

Also check the rubber in the center driveshaft support to make sure its not loose or torn or just plain worn out.

easy enough. There is a harbor freight just a mile away from my place. What should the angle be at? I'll check the rubber piece soon. I just broke my hand so I won't be working on the truck for a little.
  • Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

195/50/15s? I thought about going with a lower sidewall it didn't want to throw off the final drive ratios but so much. Looks good, now you just need to lower a bit more (aesthetically, the gap between the tire & fender should be half the sidewall height).

Yup 195/50/15. Kinda wish I went with 55 but I think when I get to lowering it, I will like how it is now.

• Like 1