Bagged Suspension Help

liber2cm

Sup yall I’m new to the Ratsun forum and I am a new owner of a Datsun 620. I want a bagged suspension, but I don’t have nearly enough experience or knowledge to know what would be best for what I want to do. The truck was built by its previous owner and he sold it to me as is for who knows why. I’ve decided that I’m ready to take on the responsibility of a little heavier project. So far I know this, there are leaf springs and shocks in the rear and I’m not sure if it was lowered but with the smaller wheels and tires it already sits pretty low. Currently the stance looks great, but there are two problems. One I can’t put anything in it without the risk of rubbing the tires and two the shocks hit the ground pretty much everywhere I go. What I really want to do is be able to put a stand-up jet ski in the back and cruise to the lake on Sundays. I would like front and rear bags because obviously that’s awesome, but I’m not looking to completely slam the thing. I just want to be able to put about 500 lbs in the bed and with or without the ski not listen to the thing bottom out everywhere I go. I have to hand it to the previous owner it is a pretty rad build, but the suspension needs help. I’ve looked at a lot of bagged kits on line and I feel like the fabrication and install is something I could pull off, but I’m not sure that would solve the problem with the shocks sitting too low. I’m definitely a noob, so be easy on me. Any help is appreciated.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shorter shocks and/or relocate them. Need to c notch rear frame over axle. Front is somewhat easier. Just bag mounts,rear u well need some help. Link bars have to be positioned correctly to prevent axle damage and vehicle tracking. Complete ur profile and location. We can lead u in the right ppl nearby.