620 Complete Bushing List

Spawn

I know that with the amount of experience and knowledge here in the forums, someone has all of the names and possibly even part numbers for all of the rubber bushings required to fully redo a whole 620 with new bushings all around.  I've been trying to locate a full kit, but haven't had any luck.  It's a shame there isn't a company that does a full kit, like Energy Suspension or something like that.

I have found several bushings through some websites (like RockAuto, eBay and such) but I'm not sure if I'm getting all of the items I need to replace out the old dry rotted bushing with new ones.

If there is a complete list out there that someone can point me to, that would be great.  I did have a look at carpartsmanual.com and they seem to have a pretty good list, but again, I'm not sure from the descriptions if I'd be getting everything I need

My immediate concern is to ultimately get the front end of the truck done, as I just replaced the rotors and pads on Beebani's conversion kit (which I will note that the new rotors are in fact different thicknesses on the inner part of the rotor versus the outer part - never ever seen that before!), and it's definitely showing me that the bushings need to be dealt with ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not a complete kit, but at least where to find everything.

I have the Energy leaf spring bushings on my 73 620. Don't know if they are currently available, or just an old stock item that I found on eBay.

The top front outer stock replacements from RockAuto are crap.....

I think they had been sitting on their shelf for 20 years, as that they started coming apart within 2 months, and now my front is as sloppy as it was before sending RockAuto money.

• Like 2

Took me a while to find it, but mklotz70 makes a replacement front upper bushing set,

http://www.bluehandsinc.com/320520521620drum-urethane-uca-bushings.html

106635164.jpeg?796

Thanks G-Duax!  This is exactly the kind of stuff that I was looking for, however I was hoping to get all of the rubber replaced on the front end if possible, but this is definitely a great start.  How many people out there have used this kit and can comment on how good it is?  It looks extremely durable to me, but I'm no suspension expert.

• Like 1

Thanks flatcat, although I had mentioned that I've already been to www.carpartsmanual.com and looked through their parts list for the front suspension.  My only issue is that I have yet to go through the current suspension and determine which of the numbers from carpartsmanual.com that I need and where to get them from.  I'm guessing that RockAuto will most likely have all of the piece parts that I need, but was hoping that someone else would know everything that is needed and if a website or vendor happens to have everything to make a "one stop shop", kind of like what G-Duax found for mklotz70's UCA kit, only with all of the front end bushings!

I suppose that if nobody has gone through and redone all of their rubber components on the front end bushing wise, then I will try my best to document things when I finally get a chance to go through it all.

• Like 1

Be real careful about buying any rubber parts out of Taiwan from eBay.

For the most part, they don't use anything resembling 'rubber' used in auto parts which is most likely neoprene.

Bought a set of replacement pedal pads, and they lasted about 2 months before they wore through to the metal.

• Like 1

I was doing the same with all the rubber on my truck. However, I became a little disenchanted with the lower outer and upper inner pivots that I concluded that no matter how much rubber I replace, those points along with the king pins would always be crap. I've never had any problems with those parts, but once I had the pivots apart, I couldn't allow myself to put that crap back together again (I actually did one side, so it's not that I can't do it). If you're not driving the truck daily, take one side of the front end completely apart, and you'll see what I mean. 

So after buying all new rubber, steering linkage, bearings and probably a bunch of other things, I changed directions and am converting the front suspension to ball joints using custom upper and lower control arms from Beebani and Belltech drop spindles. The only part I kept and installed was the new lower inner bushings.  

• Like 2

2wheel-lee, unfortunately my 77 longbed is my daily driver, so I don't know when I'll get around to either changing out all the bushings, or converting the front suspension.  I was really just hoping to get a full listing so that I can go through it all and order everything at once (most likely through RockAuto).  I'm also a little concerned like G-Duax about the rubber bushings coming from Taiwan or Thailand or wherever the vendors on eBay have them manufactured.  I guess if worse comes to worse it's better than running with dry-rotted bushings that are falling apart!

• Like 1

Be real careful about buying any rubber parts out of Taiwan from eBay.

For the most part, they don't use anything resembling 'rubber' used in auto parts which is most likely neoprene.

Bought a set of replacement pedal pads, and they lasted about 2 months before they wore through to the metal.

Right. They (Taiwan) actually might be using rubber. It's a poor choice for a vehicle that has petroleum products in and on it. I would rather a synthetic base. Several ball joint 'rubber' covers on my Datsuns have simply dissolved into a gummy mess. I didn't replace them and I don't know if they are original but why would that happen?  

• Like 1