• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best gen of Supras ever.

And that's a fine specimen of one.

I drive a 98 Lexus LS400. Love the 1UZ.

LS400 is an excellent car. 1UZ is an amazing engine, often looked over. If you're a Toyota / Lexus tech, or have ever been into the 1UZ or have just read about them in general -- you'll know how excellent the 1UZ is. Probably my favorite engine of all time.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Finally got my breath back !!!

I retired earlier this year after 49 years in machining/manufacturing field which included electronics, aircraft, engine/pump field related to oil-gas-chemical industries, and general fabrication. Ran and programmed everything from a flat bastard file to a four-axis CNC machining center. Career included hands on to 'straw bossing' capacities. last thirty years was aircraft with Rockwell International, Boeing, and Spirit Aerosystems. Seen a lot of Ka-Ka over this time and this technology tops it all. 

Spent a number of weeks over the past five years in training sessions in Wichita Kansas and Tulsa Oklahoma at Boeing and Spirit Aerosystems in Catia V5 training. The insrutructor of the last session was a young fellow who worked in the tech design department of Kansas State University and he treated the three of us in the class to a little view of his personal project which comprised scanning his Jeep and creating, with 3-D printing, a personalized working RC play-toy from it during our breaks from class. Needless to say, we were blown away.

This build is leagues beyond what we witnessed in that instance. I'm awed by the modern technology available to the young fabricators today. I'm a bit too old to git in on what's available now-a-days and rely on old-school hands-on (antique,vintage,surely obselete) technology and fabrication.

This is an expressly entertaining build thread and I salute your effort, Mike, and look forward to added posts. Thanx for posting this.

Steve

P.S. - Mike, you should consider a numbered & autographed 'Limited Production Run' of those welding carts. Could be a sensation at the art & classic car auctions.

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...

Everyone, 

Thanks for the feedback on this build, i really appreciate it alot! I have admittedly let this build (almost hilariously) fall behind on updates, as I have been spending almost every moment of my time either designing and or fabrication for this build, and have of course been swamped at work. I promise to post up some good lengthy updates soon and continue the progress through the chapters of this story, as I am going to be taking a break from fabricating on the truck in the next month or so and can hopefully get in front of the computer to detail things out. 

People who follow my Instagram account ( www.instagram.com/3d_magic_mike ) have seen the progress on the truck in small picture format, as I update my IG account almost daily. The truck has certainly taken some interesting (read: financially irresponsible) changes over the past year, but I regret nothing! :) 

Here are a sample of teaser photos of the current work and design going into the build, which i will of course detail out much better once I reach their chapters in the story line. Hang in there everyone!

bcg9FMy.jpg

rTCMCpb.jpg

OElYurb.jpg

c6sAcJy.jpg

kXIpSlY.jpg

Zf9rqX2.jpg

KruBDsw.jpg

hzsaw7z.jpg

R6pqvGw.jpg 

-Mike

• Like 9
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been researching proper suspension geometry and muscle cars recently. Have been planning to do a swap, but haven't been able to decide what i wanted until quite recently. California laws basically restrict my choices to pre 75. Had narrowed the choices down to a 240z, a pre 70 mustang fastback, or a pre 70 camaro when i spotted a 620. Fell in love with it immediately. Has lines reminiscent of all three of my favourite classics in a pick up. Have been considering contacting roadster shop about a proper chassis to start the 620 when i ran into this thread. Would talks about ordering this same chassis or with a revo front from roadster shop be possible? Would begin by start of next year, so still have a long wait ahead of me. Planning on an LFX engine to overcome engine bay limitations.

• 6 months later...

I went by The Roadster Shop a couple of days ago to look at a possible frame for my car , and there was a little P/U tucked off to the side ....I knew who's it was right away.....I didn't get a chance to look at it close , but judging by all the work going on .....just flat out amazing .

• Like 2