damen_red

New 520 owner in So Cal.

There is hope yet! I pulled the lifter in front of that last one, this is what it looks like:

85CJ7fml.jpg

Peering through the opening, the lifter guide actually seems OK, it was really hard to get my phone to focus on the hole, this is the best I have:

eVZzE3Vl.jpg

And trying to get an even tougher shot, this is peering down the pushrod hole to the cam lobe underneath(all the way at the bottom of the picture), it is most definitely rusted, but as I turn the crank, the other sides of the cam lobe are still shiny, maybe a cam grind would clean everything up?

A7xmb8ql.jpg

Looks like no matter what, that block is coming out and having some work done, now if I could only get my engine lift out from under that pile of junk in my shed!

It's still a mystery to me how this rust/corrosion got there, still trying to do an F/A, hopefully not to find a crack in the block, but the machine shop should be able to tell me that.

DR

• Like 1

I'm thinking I need to start a new thread, "New 520 owner" seems a little misleading after 2 years...

DR

• Like 1

I'm thinking I need to start a new thread, "New 520 owner" seems a little misleading after 2 years...

DR

Keep the thread going just change the title.....

• Like 1