MaxChlan

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Little Update and a quick question: 

The truck hasn't had much done to it since we changed out the idle pulley, which leads to my question:

When the idle pulley was seized, it caused the belt to wear on the crankshaft, and obviously the belt needs to be replaced. It drives fine (obviously), but sounds just a bit weird. I found the numbers on the belt, and it reads 17460 13AV1170. I looked up these numbers and couldn't really find anything. Does anyone have a link to this belt, or at least explain to me what the numbers mean?

Two nights ago I started to get a weird sound coming from the tailpipe. It literally sounds like a turbo spooling up, which is a bit hilarious, but also not so funny because the truck is now laughably slow. I am thinking the cat is clogged, because there is no sound coming from the engine bay, and all of the carburetor hoses seem to be tight, and no abnormal sounds come from the engine bay. Any ideas? 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys! I haven't had anything to post in some time because my truck has been running well. I officiate lacrosse for the Minnesota State High School League, and every night I am in a new suburb; I can not even tell you how many miles I have put on my 720 since the season started, and it has been running so well. The snow has been officially off the ground for some time up here in Minnesota, but we did have a light dusting last Tuesday, which was hilarious, because I officiated two lacrosse games that day. We have been getting solid 60 degree days since, so I elected to throw on some summer tires. I went back to the Toyota Tundra rims that came with the truck and wrapped them with General Grabber HTS60 in 215 70r16; The speedometer actually reads the correct speed now (by a few decimal places, hehehe). 

I could not find a spot to park at school the other day, so with the "highest in class ground clearance" I gently hopped the curb and set the 720 down in the grass for a nap. 

FMaMkHH.jpg

Also, for some reason not having a Nissan key irritated me, so I scooped one up on Ebay. Looks pretty nice!

OXE2iK5.jpg

That's all for now. Paint is coming this summer, and I am still on the hunt for a replacement tailgate. I'm in the classifieds, but if you know a guy, I love road trips!  :rofl:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Minor problem: tonight I fried a belt, and out of fear that it was connected to the alternator or water pump I went ahead and got towed to the shop. Does anyone have a diagram of the belts for a Z24, or at least what size the different belts are? I think I am going to go ahead and replace them all this weekend.

• Like 1

These are so simple they don't need diagrams. They wrap 3 pulleys at most. Any auto parts store can tell you the belt length, or just use their websites to figure it out.

• Like 2

Yeah, I told them 85 so they didn't get the Z24 and Z24i mixed up. I am going out to my shop tomorrow to look at the situation. 

You have like 2 belts tops unless something weird is going on. Make sure that you tell whoever you get the belts from that you want them for an 85.
How many belts are you taking off?

• Like 1

Update: Replaced all three belts on my vehicle and another tensioner pulley. I do not think a write-up is necessary, but because it was my first time it took me a fair amount of time to do it; maybe two hours in total to change the three belts, the pulley, and change the oil. 

• Like 1

I need some help gathering some parts for my back window, mainly two.

1.) My sliding glass leaks underneath when I get a car wash. It seems like the bottom track that the sliding glass rides on is deteriorated and is the cause. 

zWqI9yr.jpg

0lAMHG8.jpg

I believe the correct part number is 79742Z; is that correct? This diagram seems confusing to me:

jDjoQ6Z.png

2.) There is a visible hole through the moulding of the whole glass unit. I honestly do not remember noticing it, but now it is very apparent and could cause issues in the future. I have a piece of duct tape blocking the hole. Here is what it looks like from the exterior: 

jHU430g.jpg?1

and interior: 

3CwJg19.jpg

Here is the other side for reference: 

9fTRxOU.jpg

8t94Kjq.jpg

This is a part I can not seem to find on the diagram above. It seems to all be in one piece; that is to say, the interior and exterior are all one unit, formed into some sort of Z shape. If anyone could help a brother out, or do some digging, I'd appreciate it, because I am having little luck. 

• Like 1

You can always convert to a non-slider window.Of course you have thought of that. I have a slider on my 4x4 and it is n my list to replace it with a solid. Too rattly, to insecure.

• Like 1

You can always convert to a non-slider window.Of course you have thought of that. I have a slider on my 4x4 and it is n my list to replace it with a solid. Too rattly, to insecure.

I have been considering that too... I would be unreal if I could find glass with the defroster/fogger lines in it; that would make me switch to a non-slider without question. I am not sure what I would be losing, honestly. All of the parts for the non-slider are on Nissanpartsdeal right now. I'd like some input on slider vs. non-slider. 

• Like 1

I would not switch to a non slider, I love the sliders. I can put 10 foot long conduit in without it sticking out no problem, just slip it through the window into the cab. The amount of air that it gets moving is amazing, in the winter when I have the canopy on I just open it up and it brings in fresh air without to much air. I absolutely love the slider window.

• Like 1

I have a slider and like it because I have a mostly black interior, no A/C, and really like the airflow. 

I rarely park in an unsecure place. I can tell the slider has been messed with because there are old pry marks outside at the latch where someone tried to break in.

As 720 said they are rattly, but I have a pretty good sound system to counter that.

One drawback is that it can partially block the flipdown feature of the interior light.

When I have my camper shell on my puppy likes to stick her head through the slider keeping an eye out for barkworthy stuff.

Thing is it's pretty moist up there in Minn., be nice to get that window sealed up.

• Like 1

Yeah, the tough call here is I have air conditioning, and honestly very rarely open the back window. I live in a city, and have been mildly concerned about someone breaking into my vehicle. I find that when the driver's side window is down, and the back vents are open, I have plenty of airflow in the cab. The math kind of breaks down like this:

Assuming I get $150 if I remove and sell the slider, the new non-slider glass, weatherstripping and moulding comes to about 280-150=130 If I were to fix the seals in my slider ~70 for the lower track and ~120 for the weatherstripping (which I am assuming is the same as the non-slider and is part code 79710Y on Nissan Parts Deal if someone could please confirm), it would cost me less to replace the slider with a non-slider. 

• Like 1