Sign in to follow this  
MapleNuts

81 280zx 5 speed rebuild?

Anyone know of a place to get my trans rebuilt in the Washington king county area? or if anyone has a working/rebuilt one for sale? I don't know if i can take it to just any tranny shop, or if there only certain places who work on this old of stuff, and also do good work. Sorry if i should have posted this in the classifieds, i wasn't sure.

Thanks guys

• Like 1

Stay away for the Canby area.....

• Like 1

ha alright, will do. called a local place and they quoted me $2000-$2500! I found one on california Datsun, but apparently they used to be Datsun parts LLC and they are sketchy or something? 

• Like 1

$500- $700 would be somewhat reasonable for the parts and labor.

• Like 1

ha alright, will do. called a local place and they quoted me $2000-$2500! I found one on california Datsun, but apparently they used to be Datsun parts LLC and they are sketchy or something? 

This is the quote you get when the shop doesn't want to do the work.

• Like 1

I paid $900 in so cal to have this done 1 year ago....

They are pretty easy to rebuild most of the time ya just gotta replace the bearings.

I have rebuilt 6 of them ....if you want to ship to AZ I can rebuild for 650 parts and labor. I use all nissan seals and gaskets. bearings and syncros are aftermarket but made in japan.

• Like 1

http://imgur.com/a/m4N8W

heres some pictures of the damage

I was on my way back from a small road trip, i was on the highway and all of sudden 5th just blew out.

I made it back home sorta grinding between 1st, 3rd, and 4th

You are better off getting another transmission cause some of those gears are NLA

I always wonder why people have a major problem, and decide to try to drive a vehical home.