Super Modified

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20160602_172243.jpg

Plus I started the headers, but ug the kit I bought is horrible. It has dents near all the bends and is not semantical at all ug. I did love the flanges and they match my non production chevy head perfectly. I will live with the headers for now as I don't want to buy a second kit now, it would kill my planned budget and a header can be changed anytime. So I have decided that I will make the muffler and turn downs unboltable.

The cowl is lol the only body part that is from day one. But that is life as a racecar, they get wrecked and then parts gets replaced.

I still need too have a mold and left side door made, plus I will be having a hood made and I have that mold. I have all the original molds that Chaves used except for the left side door.

I get two dogs tags with the header kit name on them to cover the big dent on both headers.

20160618_132553.jpg

i might have put it just above or just below the dent to accent the shit they sent you 

but i like your idea better 

• Like 1

i might have put it just above or just below the dent to accent the shit they sent you

but i like your idea better

Thank you! I just can't believe a header that is sold for a hot rod would come with dents. Most people I know want to get there hot rod headers chromed, I don't think anyone would waste money getting these chromed.

I haven't decided if I am still going to get them ceramic coated?

Because the super modified will be like the two Datsun pickups, 1967 Scout and the two Hudson's in the I will be dead if they are for sale. I sold my International cab over today ug and the 1956 Ford pickup.

20150512_171730.jpg

20150512_171741.jpg

I have had a few people wanting the 1956 Ford for a while, just had to decide I didn't ever want to finish her. Lol wife wants less projects, so her Mustang might be the next one for sale.

• Like 1

Man, that thing would have been a great truck to haul your race car around on.

That was the dream ug, wife didn't even tell me she put it up for sale ug. That is why her name isn't on the Datsun or Scout pink slip. She didn't know I had bought a crane, aluminum rails and ramps already for a ramp truck. Wanted to use it to haul the vintage midget and the super modified.

I wonder how a ramp truck Datsun pickup would do with the wing?

The super is supposed to weigh 400lb more then the midget I tow with my long bed Datsun,but the wing changes things even if I loose the trailer weight bye making a ramp truck.

Nice GMC motorhome. I just recently got rid of my father's that I inherited after his passing. It was a '73 that he bought in '75. They're way ahead of their time.

Thank you, it is my Dad! We use the GMC or the Ford F650 to tow the racecar.

I didn't take any pictures sorry, but I started fitting and bending a tread brite aluminum floor board! Got to love old racecar ways to do things.(lol Dad had angle next to your feet and a drip pan built in for the in & out box oil leaks/ 150 lap races they would leak)

20160723_110955.jpg20160723_111002.jpg

20160723_155927.jpg

20160723_155935.jpg

20160723_155942.jpg

20160723_1559510.jpg

20160723_160003.jpg20160723_160011.jpg

• Like 2

The Monterey Historic races and the Key will probably stop me from getting anything done this weekend on the super modified. If you are at the Key I will be pumping gas and trying too selling racecar stuff, just look for the Datsun 620!

IMG_20160815_220816.jpg

• Like 2