Tomato Soup

Picked up this wagon on Friday. I haven't had a 510 in a few years and wanted to get back into the game. It's a 70, been sitting on Vashon Island since 1988. She's real straight but has cancer, especially in the hatch.

The plan is slam it on 15x7 steelies and buff it out. No idea what drivetrain will be... Maybe a simple L motor, but I kinda want to do something injected so maybe a KA will be in the works. We'll see. Anyway her she is.

IMG_0065_zpsjcjnlmho.jpgr

image1_zpsrrhxsqe1.jpg

image3_zpskqabnc30.jpg

image4_zpss9eoii0f.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just picked up an 83 ZX for a brake, strut and maybe temporary wheel donor but it's pretty clean. Almost feel bad chopping it up...

IMG_0125_zpsdkihjp8g.jpg

thats pretty clean throw the stock 510 brakes/struts back on it and sell it lol

Ok what am I doing wrong?

Trying to get the dime to turn over. Get nothing from the key so I'm trying to start with a trigger under the hood. I connect the trigger to each of the main poles on the solinoid and when I pull the trigger the starter spins but doesn't engage the bendix Spring. All my spares did this and now a tested starter from the ZX parts car. Where should I hook the test switch?!

Edit: Never mind!! I figured it out!