Ok we got the diff done now leafs

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You lowering?????? Never remove leaves to lower a ride height. Softer springs will travel farther up and down on bumps... guaranteed to bottom out sooner on a lowered ride height. If anything you want stiffer springs to reduce bottoming out. Better do some research on lowering ride heights.

Get a set of 720 4x4 springs. They are flatter by an inch or two... and stiffer. Lowering a leaf spring rear end should be done with lowering blocks. Does not affect the spring or the shock length. Have your spring re-arched so they are flatter.

Dug out the 4x4 leafs, that is exactly what i was looking at.  My blue truck, that i did not lower has the 2 main leafs and one thicker and shorter one on the bottom.  That is what I was after, the truck rides nice with 3" blocks. The leaf removal was just to get it to match on my 73.  But as usual Ratsun saved the day, going to get it all put back in today.  Thank you Datzen Mike for the great info on both issues.