dat nasty

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've done work, how are we doing pictures now that Photobucket sucks? Figured out which Hardbody wire was what by meter. I found a post on here that somebody had wrote out the colors for the 521 wipers. Works great. Cut out the hood for the airbox. Put in rear shocks, unbelievable difference. Driveline is supposed to be done tomorrow, I need it in a week for my new job. :D

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

1000 miles in two weeks. Found a few quirks, getting a small enough fan that pushes enough air was tricky 2200 CFM keeps the KA cool in the heat in traffic with the Datsun radiator. 800 kept it cool while driving but not in traffic. Finally found the intake leak at the injector seals now she purrs like a kitten. Fun to drive, gets down, and amazing gas mileage. thinking about going through the red door tonight

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry photofuckit discouraged me lol. About 3000 miles on it, about to order front bag brackets. Putting the firestone 2600s up front. Putting slam re8s in the rear for more lift. Replaced alternator nice and easy, starter was a different story. Had to remove clutch slave to get in and out. Extentions and wobbles saved my ass from pulling the cab. Needs clutch soon, thats going to be interesting

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

About to go under the knife again, 89 240 intake, looking for a new hood so I can clean up the front end and make it look like a 521 again. Front suspension showed up yesterday went with a cheap classic looking Bluetooth stereo. And all the proper senders / adapters to get my digital dash correct

• Like 1

Put about 10,000 miles on it this year other than oil changes it has been maintenance-free. That was the goal. with the exception of the accuair switchspeed controls. As much as I loved it not worth the hassle going to manual switches. I see on the Facebook pages people are having nothing but trouble with these digital Management Systems

• Like 1

That is something I have been looking into I might have to figure out where to jump on the back of the digital dash and add a dimmer switch, it does have a wire that goes to my light switch so when I turn my lights it goes half dim. I can't just put any kind of resistance to it because it relies on ohms for all of the gauges via one wire powered by the dash. If each gauge had two wires I can play with it easier. Just need to think with the soldering gun. Everything works but none of the Nissan sending units line up so there was a bit of math involved.

• Like 1

I know nothing about new stuff, and like any new stuff they make it so that you need to buy everything to make it work instead of having it adjustable to work with what you have, but they likely do it that way to make money and keep people like me from calling tech and complaining that it don't work. :lol:

• Like 1

I totally called and complained LOL, it's an older one, one of the first of its kind. The only reason I went along and bought sending units is because they are fairly Universal and all the newer stuff still use those same ones so I can upgrade.

• Like 1