Installing 520 Airbags

My next major upgrade to my 67 truck is installing airbags on it. Its a long shot but im asking for help or if someone can do the labor to install them. Ive asked around and people charge way to much to install the bags, notch and the 4 link. I can tackle this project myself but need help/ guidance through the process. If anybody can help either through person or just help me out through here or even install the kit im located in Long beach area. I really want air ride and want it done so i can be layed out on the floor. Im a newbie when it comes to airbag suspension and custom fabrication, so i need help and thats why im giving this a try before i spend 4500 or more.. heres a link of the kit i want, im not looking for anything fancy just basic.

http://www.bcfab.com/Complete-FBSS-Airbag-Suspension-Kit--68-72-Datsun-521--LEVEL-3-_p_1514.html

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in a lot of aspects , "built not bought" can earn you more respect. however if you do not own a space large enough to do this, have the proper tools and knowledge to do this, and have the time and money to do this, it would likely be cheaper to pay someone to do this. to do it right you need a level building platform, knowledge of geometry, you have to re design the front suspension on the 520, and safely do it as bad fab leads to failure, and failure leads to accidents.

it is very possible to do it yourself but fist look up the different ways of air bag set ups on mini trucks with similar suspension 

• Like 2

in a lot of aspects , "built not bought" can earn you more respect. however if you do not own a space large enough to do this, have the proper tools and knowledge to do this, and have the time and money to do this, it would likely be cheaper to pay someone to do this. to do it right you need a level building platform, knowledge of geometry, you have to re design the front suspension on the 520, and safely do it as bad fab leads to failure, and failure leads to accidents.

it is very possible to do it yourself but fist look up the different ways of air bag set ups on mini trucks with similar suspension

Thank you sir

• Like 1

Im goin to do the bags for sure but for now i want to drop it just a bit more. Right now i just got 3in blocks and lowered torsions up front.. so im thinking my best option is to lower a bit more up front with torsions and to raise the strut tower. I heard certain shocks are better when doing this mod? But for the back im probably going to just put 720 4x4 leaf springs with the 3in block.. what other options are there?

• Like 1