Rear Camaro KYB AGX's for Goon. Who's using them and how do you like them?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are adjustable, then just get them and adjust to where you like them. Ride, control and comfort are extremely subjective so if there are 4 settings you'll get 4 answers. Like asking which do you like better, Mary Anne or Ginger.

I noticed that the camaro shocks are 2 inches bigger in height and length. I only want to drop the rear of my goon about an inch or two, will the difference in size still work? I'm assuming yes since people are running them on lowered goons. 

Stock 510 Wagon shocks

13585117_10210004771898662_5338043014126

Camaro rear shocks

13613525_10210004773378699_1786090370006

BS. You'll only lower it an inch. Then you'll get hooked on being lower. It will eat at you. You will become obsessed. You will need to join Lowrider anonymous. Nothing will ever be right in the world until you are scraping nuts. Don't lie.

Blocks increase axle wrap.

It will on a car that suffers from it already. First the car would have to have enough power to do so on take offs, or with very soft springs to begin with. The 510 has neither. I can't imagine anyone lowering a car and not increasing the spring rate at the same time anyway. In reality, it's doesn't affect much on a 510 with good shocks and springs.

The only thing to avoid is bottoming them out. Stock suspension will bottom out on the bump stops well before the stock shocks do anyway. Generally, the lower you go the firmer the spring should be. This reduces suspension travel and bottoming. In the extreme, driving around sitting on the stops or trimming the bump stops, you may as well remove the shocks completely as there is little to no suspension movement. You're trading suspension for tire flex