'85 720 with No Brake Lights

djmikemouse

34 minutes ago, Charlie69 said:

Not necessarily Mike in the USA it is determined by when it is first sold and titled so if an 84 sits on the dealers lot until 85 it is titled in the US as 85 not an 84.. This sucks when trying to figure out what parts are actually on the vehicle.  Many 79 720s were not sold in the US until 1980 so these 79s are titled as 1980s.

True statement, but build date year determines the fit and function of piece parts.  I would have a hard[er] time finding parts for my "1968' Rl411 except mahbe in Okinawa.

• Like 1
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Charlie69 said:

Not necessarily Mike in the USA it is determined by when it is first sold and titled so if an 84 sits on the dealers lot until 85 it is titled in the US as 85 not an 84.. This sucks when trying to figure out what parts are actually on the vehicle.  Many 79 720s were not sold in the US until 1980 so these 79s are titled as 1980s.

Agree for documentation and legalities but for parts the build date rules. For example  trucks made from December '81 and on have self adjusting rear brake shoes.

• Like 1

Yes Mike that is why I asked for the build date off the door jamb.  The 84 wiring is different than the 85/86.  And then you throw in the factors of California, Federal, and we even see a few Canadian 720 here in the phoenix are that the Canadians brought behind their motor homes for the winter and left.  Quartsite, Yuma, Lake Havasu city, Bull Head City, Sedona, and Prescott are all wintering spots for people from all over.

That is good info on the self adjusting brakes.  Mike you are a Datsun Nissan encyclopedia of information and I appreciate your willingness to share and educate all of us.  Thank you sir for be so helpful.

Edited by Charlie69

Maybe just access to better research materials. I write stuff down in a book..... like the L, Z and KA bore spacing is 95.2mm. The SR is 97mm.

Some of the model year 720s were actually in line with the build dates. The '82 began December '81 just a month before New Year

• Like 1
Just now, datzenmike said:

Maybe just access to better research materials. I write stuff down in a book..... like the L, Z and KA bore spacing is 95.2mm. The SR is 97mm. Then half remember it, go looking and can't find it.... oh there it is!

Some of the model year 720s were actually in line with the build dates. The '82 began December '81 just a month before New Year

• Like 1
8 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

True statement, but build date year determines the fit and function of piece parts.  I would have a hard[er] time finding parts for my "1968' Rl411 except mahbe in Okinawa.

Yes if it were not for build dates it would be hard to get the correct parts.