New-Datsun-Parts.com reputable?

HKS

Ordered and received a set of Euro front turn signals today. The site states 100 percent OEM. Opened up one side and the lights does not have IKI molded onto it or "made in Japan" it does have the rest of the markings. Unless Nissan changed the molds for newer generation turn signals are these legit or fake? My original euro set has all the markings and the metal sticker still on it so I know its the real deal. Any feedback is welcomed.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are quite a few folks trying to pass off replica lenses over the original items. I really do not think Nissan would make a marker that looks the same in Japan or Europe with different markings. 

You have to be careful you order properly and if they have a money back guarantee. A friend of mine bought a set of Euro lights and they fell apart one day while we where just standing there! The clear separated from the amber part. 

I have a set at home and I can take a pic for you if you like. 

THAT is odd, I have spent a lot...and I mean ALOT of money on that site and always got the goods.  New dash pad for the 1200 even, OEM package and part # is only one example.

Funk & Wagnalls.........my dad used to say that :rofl:

THAT is odd, I have spent a lot...and I mean ALOT of money on that site and always got the goods.  New dash pad for the 1200 even, OEM package and part # is only one example.

Funk & Wagnalls.........my dad used to say that

So the parts you purchased from them had the original packaging and part number still on each item? Both items I purchased (Euro turn signals and Dome light) were only bubble wrapped with no typical decals or part# of Nissan OEM packaging. Interesting.

Correct, although I will say it has been at least 2 years since I have purchased anything through that site. www.new-datsun-parts.com

That is the website you used, right?

Edit: of course it is.....I should really read the title before I post :sick:

So, I thought a little more about this......not promoting/defending/endorsing/bashing the site, just information.  I have spent 20 some odd years in several different Nissan parts departments and can tell you that there are companies out there that duplicate OEM parts and do it very well as far as packaging goes, but maybe not so much as quality. 

Also, I must correct myself, I dug out the bag that my dash pad came in(no, I never throw anything away, unless I am going to need it next week), and while it did have a Nissan tag on it, the actual part # was cut out and the color of the tag is a shade or 2 darker than labels on parts I have purchased through my local Nissan dealer.  Could be fake could be real,  I really can't tell.  I may have confused this vendor with another that I use out of Japan.

• 1 month later...

They usually disclose when the part is aftermarket...I did order a shift boot and a couple other rubber parts for my 110 and they didn't have a factory bag... great quality tho..i just ordered a set of repop door panels for my 510 and they are awesome!!!!!!!!!! really surprised how good they are:)