Helping Jay Z move into my 210

Hey all, As usual I'm making a late start on my build thread, decided to go nuts and swap a 2jzge n/a--->T into my 210. Why you ask? Why not I say.will be lots of cutting/welding, fabbing (not fapping), and of course hitting things with a hammer. Will put some pics up as the car currently sits momentarily.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe, I feel like 3s would just have a different set of challenges. no matter what you still need to make trans mount, engine mounts, driveshaft, downpipe, etc etc etc. the mounts were actually pretty easy with this, the three major things with this swap are moving the radiator to the outside of the rad support, getting the intake mani to clear the brake booster, and cutting out the firewall/tunnel and re boxing it which is half done

So does anyone have any knowledge of a smaller brake booster than the 210 one? im really trying to keep from having to shorten the intake manifold if possible, if there was a smaller datsun one thatd be handy. besides that I may move the stock one over a half inch or so if I can but my final resort woud be fab up a shorter intake manifold. doesnt have to go much. any input would be very appreciated.

Manual brakes? The 210 booster is pretty teeny already.

How much width did the 740 rear axle give you?

The 740 axle pokes out of the fender maybe like 2'' on both sides? i dunno il have to look at it and get back to you on that. threw some flares on it and its inside the fender again.

Was thinking of a brake booster delete but it'd be nice to have if I can. especially since I can mod the manifold if the brake booster turns out to be too difficult. I'm doing a bigger master, bigger calipers all around so I'm not  sure what the pedal would be like with no booster

nice thats legit, interesting, another option there. appreciate the input

It replaces the brake master with a clutch master and moves the brake master to the trunk. T-bucket guys have been doing this for years using junkyard parts since it allows you to keep the split system for safety. I saw one at a car show where the guy had run the hand brake linkage back to it so he had 4-wheel hydraulic parking brakes.

Usually guys build their own brackets but I'd look into finding an E34 remote booster and replace the link rod with a clutch slave cylinder.

35klfh5.jpg

Or maybe you could fit the whole E34 mess in there, which looks pretty slick:

brake.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, I've shared 2 photos via Photobucket for Samsung. Please click the link to view photos: http://pbsg.me/shareprofile/?id=MTM1Mzk=oi still cant get photobucket to work right all, was fine for my first few pics but now when i upload pics in the app on my phone they wont be in my photobucket album... also the phone app doesnt give me the option to copy to clipboard unless i select multiple pics and then only lets me link them. like this

• Like 1