320 Newb

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm offloading parts to raise some money for a new project. Parts available include:

Complete Dash: $100

L320 tailgate: $200

Ash tray: $30

long neck radiator with cap: $90

NL rear bumper: $400

headlight bezels: $15 each

Horn button chrome and D plastic insert: $40

Vent knobs: $10 per

Door/window handles and trim pieces: DM or email me

Emblems: DM or email me

Complete heater including core, fan, knob and valve that opens/closes: $200

Complete set of bumper brackets front/back and hardware: $200

Dash switches (wipers, lights, heater): $20 per

NL door glass: $75 per side

NL door glass frames: $75 per side

Pair of visors: $150

Complete working parking brake assembly: $50

Rear view mirror with factory screws: $80

Plus shipping.

I have more if you need stuff just hit me up.

Non parts related, this week HBO used my truck for a new JJ Abrams TV series set in 1971. 

HBO 320.jpeg

Edited by 320 Newb
  • Like 1

Agree 100% I hate the wheels and stance on that Merc. 

New project is a 64 that's been in a metal building for 30+ years. I'm starting to go through it and want to rebuild the 5 hole fuel pump but can't find a 5 hole diaphragm. Does anyone have any ideas or leads? 6 hole diaphragm with a couple new punched holes and some fuel safe RTV?

IMG_2350.jpeg

64 NL.png

• Like 2
23 hours ago, 320 Newb said:

Agree 100% I hate the wheels and stance on that Merc. 

New project is a 64 that's been in a metal building for 30+ years. I'm starting to go through it and want to rebuild the 5 hole fuel pump but can't find a 5 hole diaphragm. Does anyone have any ideas or leads? 6 hole diaphragm with a couple new punched holes and some fuel safe RTV?

IMG_2350.jpeg

64 NL.png

That's super clean and prime candidate for preservation !! a twin to our 320 !!

Edited by difrangia
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, difrangia said:

That's super clean and prime candidate for preservation !! a twin to our 320 !!

Steve, didn't you come up with a solution for the pump diaphragm?

I do wonder what happened to my 320NL. I'd like to get that one back. It was light blue and had a rebuilt A14 with dual SUs in it. If anyone knows where that one is, I'd love to hear about it.

4 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Steve, didn't you come up with a solution for the pump diaphragm?

I do wonder what happened to my 320NL. I'd like to get that one back. It was light blue and had a rebuilt A14 with dual SUs in it. If anyone knows where that one is, I'd love to hear about it.

I'm working with Moses on this issue, Matt.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I remember the first time I saw a Datsun in Hemmings. I think it was a 521. That was the day I knew the rest of the world was now paying attention to Japanese cars and trucks.

It's still hard for me to believe there's a Japanese truck in the mix with all those domestics. Scratch that squarebody blazer and insert an FJ. 

• Like 1

I love square bodies. I have at least one right now, yeah, one. It's a '79 K30 dually dump truck. Love that truck.

But I also love my other trucks equally...

Just glad that Japanese are now considered mainstream. FOr that matter, the classic car mags have now started featuring trucks towards the front of the magazines, not back-of-the-bus anymore.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Huge thanks to Tana and Steve D for rebuild parts to get my 5 screw pump back in action. After a bath in chem-dip I was excited to see nice yellow zinc on the cap. Next up I'll clean out the Nikki carb and give it a new pump plunger. 

Also most parts have been sold but I still have some stuff left including a complete heater with in-tact knob, core, unfrozen valve, and bench tested fan. I also have hood trim with no dings, dents, or rot. 

IMG_1404_HEIC.thumb.jpeg.14d5bcaae340b3ae66a3e520f0d11ccf.jpegIMG_1405_HEIC.thumb.jpeg.478bf566fb70f5d84215060b543bdf5c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Finally got the new project home to Tucson. Had the seat reupholstered to factory spec and matched the vinyl from the factory door panels. I replaced the head gasket, inspected the cylinders/head, rebuilt the fuel pump and pulled the carb to go through it. New manifold gasket... Getting close to trying to fire it for the first time.

704587864_NLonthetrailer.thumb.jpg.2209e151aa1e341921eae22ddb53272f.jpg

NL seat.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, difrangia said:

A twin to our 'Mighty Mouse'. and a great find, Moses.

Any idea what kind of wheels those are ?

I think they're Mazda wheels. I've got a set of factory 320 wheels/bias ply tires/Jake's stainless hubcaps ready to go. I cleaned up the interior and dropped in the new seat. Interior is very unmolested. Factory kick panels, firewall insulation, tray, shelf all in great conditions. Floor mats are as good as I've ever seen. 

I also shoehorned my 76 year old dad into the green truck and took him to Cars and Coffee. 

IMG_1993.HEIC.jpeg

IMG_1987.HEIC.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Them kiddies lovin' on that NL and pops 'Grinnin' like a possum eatin crap' (old OKlahoma saying) in the green truck gotta be smoothin' things over with the wifey on the new pickup acquisition.

'Keep On Truckin' !!

Keep-On-Truckin.jpg

• Like 1