320 Newb

New 320 owner, 62?

Stoff those look great! Love that stance.

I know folks on here like whitewalls but I'm gonna go black. I went with the factory grey green color because it has an industrial look and when I think early 60s I think industrial. Especially since it's not an N model and has the box of a bed. I've come to love the details and I feel like a tall, narrow, bias ply light truck tire is in the spirit of the truck. I'm gonna with these:

1543402995_MessagesImage(2109873664).png.39ca07d3e98e5a8b2707835bf8d94f97.png1701137110_MessagesImage(1150237339).png.79ad522011336efc8d127b458e146051.png

• Like 2

Did another steering column test fit and this one is staying put. I cut a slit in the but as marked below, pushed it through from the cab side, then worked it into place. I was getting a little squeaking from rubbing on the shift rod so I fingered in a little grease. I'll dress up the steering column hole and slits with a little black RTV. I'm super happy with how it turned out. When I decided to pull my cab and bed off this piece of rubber and the wing window gaskets weren't available. I'm beyond thrilled to see these two parts come into existence. Huge thanks to Jake and Conner for helping make these happen.

Jake on here will start selling these puppies soon so keep your eyes out. 

IMG_8710.thumb.jpeg.5b5befa73116edf3e1ce7a77e73851d5.jpegP8250002.thumb.jpg.7fd865bdaf0a36b2d76feb36ebfec9b0.jpg

• Like 3

Steering column boots are now officially for sale from Jake Makes: jakesmakes707@gmail.com

Check out the baby blue one!  

jakes boots.jpg

• Like 3

I did my headliner this weekend and got new shoes.  I'm paying someone to do my visors and should pick them up later this week. Headliner.thumb.jpeg.18c5c12613779afb059f42c62317e271.jpeg

Bias Ply side.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Charlie69 said:

Nice work on the headliner!

Thanks! It was one of those things that felt impossible at first but feels good to figure out. 

I cleaned up and repainted your jack set--it's looking assembly line fresh. Thanks for hooking that up.

• Like 2

Exemplary job on that 'Time Machine', MT !!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I like the tire size. Not too big, not too small.

It's the closest to factory I could find just wish they were a little narrower. 

Thanks Steve for the kind words!

• Like 2