320 Newb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

That's 3D printed? I have been meaning to get a 3D printer, and if I could print my own firewall boots, that justifies my purchase even more.

I was shocked at how much I like the material. It's like the consistency of a car tire. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

Oops.... fat fingers....

The stuff Jake is making is definitely of good quality.... 

I know hes willing to model and make other grommets or firewall boots... he just needs a sample.....

He's great to work with too. Super responsive, super smart. Turn around time is super speedy. He got me the part before I'm able to even test fit it.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

Oops.... fat fingers....

The stuff Jake is making is definitely of good quality.... 

I know hes willing to model and make other grommets or firewall boots... he just needs a sample.....

Another good candidate for re-pop printing; transmission inspection hole cover/vent. 

Every 320 ( and some 410/411's & some first year 520's) had one when they left the factory. virtually none do now.

This one is mine and it could be available for reproduction. 

Trany_Vent.jpg

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, difrangia said:

Another good candidate for re-pop printing; transmission inspection hole cover/vent. 

Every 320 ( and some 410/411's & some first year 520's) had one when they left the factory. virtually none do now.

Trany_Vent.jpg

Agreed! I tried a few similar grommets from Moss Motors and couldn't find anything that fits. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, 320 Newb said:

Agreed! I tried a few similar grommets from Moss Motors and couldn't find anything that fits. 

Right MT, the clutch arm boot from the early 60's MGA works on the floor shift trany, though. Not sure bout the column-shift trany.

Edited by difrangia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 8/18/2020 at 12:28 PM, difrangia said:

Trany_Vent.jpg

howdy, Ive been lurking over here and learning a lot about the 320's so im glad to help you folks however I can. Lets 3d print all the things!

• Like 1

Jake's steering boot sample came in and fitment seems perfect. See attached pics. I cut a slit in this one to fit it without take my steering wheel and all the column stuff off but I think I could take apart the cab side column stuff and slip it down. I think we want to get one more test fitment before they're available for purchase but once they're ready to go they'll be $55 shipped to the US.

IMG_8644.jpg

IMG_8640.HEIC.jpeg

IMG_8637.HEIC.jpeg

• Like 4

Let's talk tires! I'm looking for a period-correct looking bias ply light truck tire (blackwall) for stock wheels, but not crazy expensive. Does anyone have recommendations? Right now I'm considering E78-14LT 8PR D STA Super Transport LT HWY TL

I've been running used shitty tires for the last 5 years and just found one that's separating. 

118374530_3647103758655114_7527683569369783747_n.jpg

Ted H. posted this a year or two ago and I captured it. Sounds like it's a radial that might have a bias-ply look ?? Surely an image can be found onlne.

The tires on my NL320 are Hankook Optimo H724. 195/75/R14. A perfect size for a stock looking tire. They are tall and nearly the same size as the original bias ply tires. So you get a modern radial with white walls.! Still available. Only $54 from Discount tire. Highly recommended if you want a stock look. Here is a link. 

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/.../hankook.../p/10702

• Like 3

I took a look at them per the link that is in my post above and they look like radials to me. Current price is $71.00 each. Probably not the look you're after. Might check out Coker Tire Company. 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, 320 Newb said:

Does anyone know what the stock hood rubber bumpers look like? Do these look right? image.png.1ae7102a6032227c6d9c2934203a6798.png

OR these?

image.png.f541cff5a22fb2c418d372f91e987ac8.png

My 520 and all the 521s  I have owned had 2 of each style.  If I remember corectly the triangle ones wer up towards the cowl and the stepped ones went toward the  radiator.

• Like 2

Should 26.89" diameter tires on stock wheels fit in the front wheel wells without rubbing? These are tire specs:

Tread Width: 4.25"
Tire Cross Section Width: 7.52"
Tire Overall Diameter: 26.89"
Wheel Diameter: 14"
Max Load Capacity (lbs.) @ (psi) 1580@32
Recommended Wheel Width: 5" - 6"
On 8/27/2020 at 3:13 PM, 320 Newb said:

Let's talk tires! I'm looking for a period-correct looking bias ply light truck tire (blackwall) for stock wheels, but not crazy expensive. Does anyone have recommendations? Right now I'm considering E78-14LT 8PR D STA Super Transport LT HWY TL

I've been running used shitty tires for the last 5 years and just found one that's separating. 

118374530_3647103758655114_7527683569369783747_n.jpg

These are what I had on my 320.

IMG_0479Small.jpg
IMG_0478Small.jpg