320 Newb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, wayno said:

I am happy for you that you figured it out, I am sorry I got all negative.

No worries I appreciate everyone's help and patience. It's my first car project so the learning curve is steep. 

I think I've sorted out all my electrical bugs--all the lights, gauges, dome light, turn sigs are working properly. When I took off the cab and bed I had the underside media blasted and coated in bedliner so all of my problems were ground-related. I had to go back to some of the ground areas and take it down to metal to get good contact. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Very nice! But your steering wheel is upside down. The larger area should be at the bottom. I know, because I did the same thing.

And before anybody says it - it is indeed a "d" not a 'p".

Edited by stevecar
added info
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, stevecar said:

Very nice! But your steering wheel is upside down. The larger area should be at the bottom. I know, because I did the same thing.

And before anybody says it - it is indeed a "d" not a 'p".

Well shit. Last time I took my wheel off I broke my nose. Needless to say I'll leave the nut on a thread or two before I start pulling on it. 

• Like 2

H horn was working great but stopped working out of nowhere. Horn button and relay are fine. When I bench test it the thin metal diaphragm vibrates but it doesn't honk. I messed with the adjustment screw a little and got it to honk once but it went back to not working. 

Any advice on where to go from here? The wiring and armature look pristine. 

IMG-7982.jpg

• Like 3

There ya go tootin' yer own horn again, MT.

Congratulations, sometimes it's the simplest thing like the old sayin' goes 'It's a dime holdin up a dollar' !!

Nice work all the way through your build.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, difrangia said:

There ya go tootin' yer own horn again, MT.

Congratulations, sometimes it's the simplest thing like the old sayin' goes 'It's a dime holdin up a dollar' !!

Nice work all the way through your build.

Thanks for the kind words. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 320 Newb said:

What did the factory battery hold down look like?

Here's what mine looked like when I tore the truck down for rebuild. I had it coated with high-Temp aluminum/ceramic by Jet-Hot in Oklahoma City. It still had the Nissan parts sticker on it. Not positive if it's the original but the hold down hardware wasn't. Did you refer to the parts manual ?? I will when I go out in the shop.

Battery-Hold-Down-Frame.jpg

Edited by difrangia
  • Like 1

Has anyone ever compared a 320 rear bumperette with one from a Morris Minor? It's not quite as round as the 320 bumper but looks closer than the 521 and 620 rears.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CLASSIC-MORRIS-MINOR-TRAVELLER-REAR-CHROME-1-4-BUMPER-BLADE-FREE-SHIPPING/362964472121?hash=item54825e5139:g:hN0AAOSw0yJefl4O&fbclid=IwAR0WlmZR2j-GvWB-mPhILGd3AO07HbaTNUaUkS01MhXNjEvfM-PMSRj0QR8

https://www.morrisminorspares.com/body-inc-panels-trim-c21/traveller-parts-c34/rear-bumper-blade-chrome-traveller-quality-uk-chromed-p828692?fbclid=IwAR1EUo12j9ICcR_ldo3KPywT-Wm8g3IC9Toc5HhUI7glGB5MNYw0oVodMwo

The place that did my paint is a British car place and they've got a Morris Minor or two around the place. I'll try and compare. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 8/17/2019 at 7:51 PM, 320 Newb said:

I'm thinking of doing another run of blank 320 VIN plates. Anyone interested? Shipped to US for $40 

I think the quality is pretty good. I made high a high resolution scan of a VIN plate and blanked it out in Photoshop. It's a direct copy not an approximation with modern fonts. 

blank-vin.jpg

pm sent

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 1
On 4/14/2020 at 4:06 PM, 320 Newb said:

Has anyone ever compared a 320 rear bumperette with one from a Morris Minor? It's not quite as round as the 320 bumper but looks closer than the 521 and 620 rears.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CLASSIC-MORRIS-MINOR-TRAVELLER-REAR-CHROME-1-4-BUMPER-BLADE-FREE-SHIPPING/362964472121?hash=item54825e5139:g:hN0AAOSw0yJefl4O&fbclid=IwAR0WlmZR2j-GvWB-mPhILGd3AO07HbaTNUaUkS01MhXNjEvfM-PMSRj0QR8

https://www.morrisminorspares.com/body-inc-panels-trim-c21/traveller-parts-c34/rear-bumper-blade-chrome-traveller-quality-uk-chromed-p828692?fbclid=IwAR1EUo12j9ICcR_ldo3KPywT-Wm8g3IC9Toc5HhUI7glGB5MNYw0oVodMwo

The place that did my paint is a British car place and they've got a Morris Minor or two around the place. I'll try and compare. 

The two are similar, but the Datsun units are a bit more rectangular shaped. I bet the Morris parts would look great.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...