• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/24/2019 at 9:26 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I seem to remember having trouble getting to the chassis ground as well. I believe I simply drilled and tapped a new hole in the frame to improve access to the ground wire. That was so long ago.

I fixed this problem by using a hex head bolt with the same thread pattern as the factory phillips head. It's impossible to get a screwdriver on it with the gas tank in but you can sneak a box wrench in there and tighten it down. 

I believe the single contact is on the inside, at least it is in other countries as the amber lens is on the inside.

OK, I just found one of my US versions, the single wire is on the inside, I do not know if it is the brake or turn signal though.

I cannot remember where the ground is for the rear taillight harness, and my L320 is so buried I will not be able to find out unless I clean the garage which is not going to happen right now.

• Like 1

Here's a link to the factory parts manual on the NICO site:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/datsun%20320%20parts%20catalog.pdf

Look on PDF page 235  (parts manual page 213) which is the diagram of the door components. Part numbers are within a page or two of this page, but good luck finding seals in those parts bins. Basically you'll have to make them from gasket stock unless the roadster seal/gaskets posted in an above entry are same. 

If you haven't already, I'd recommend saving the address to this parts manual. It's invaluable to someone who likes/needs to take these critters apart and put them back together.

Good advice, Matt. I did that 4-5 years ago and also the section from the 410/411 parts manual that covers the floor-shift transmission (basically the same FS trany in the late 320's). Also have the factory shop manual printed out and all in 3-ring binders. You can never have too much information on this ancient stuff. 

NICO forum has a good volume of Datsun manuals:

http://www.nicoclub.com/datsun-service-manuals

Super job, Newb, just like the rest of this build. Nice wheel. It might be in your thread, but my ancient mind can't remember right now. Did you patch it up yourself. Seems like someone on one of the forums was going to try setting up to recast the wheels a while back ??

4 hours ago, difrangia said:

Super job, Newb, just like the rest of this build. Nice wheel. It might be in your thread, but my ancient mind can't remember right now. Did you patch it up yourself. Seems like someone on one of the forums was going to try setting up to recast the wheels a while back ??

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah I patched is up with a 2 part plastic epoxy--maybe JB Weld? I had the paint matched with a scanner at the paint store. I'm happy with how it turned out but a few cracks have emerged on the outer wheel. When I'm done with everything else I plan to grind out the cracks and go at it again with the epoxy. 

Do not get in a hurry, you need to lube the shit out of that threaded post on the bottom near the curved part of the gasket inside the door you can see in the top wing window frame in the photo below, other wise if you look at that lower wing window frame you will see that one is broke off, it was very rusty.

W28r6oa.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple pics from today. I took apart my door latches and had them zinc plated. A friend of mine hooked me up by machining the pins that hold the sliders/springs. I've got the side windows ready to go back in but I want to figure out the window squeegees before I put it back together. 

door-latch.jpg

320-side-view.jpg

• Like 2