New 320 owner, 62?

320 Newb

How does this solve a problem for you, you have 520s and they are different than the 320 and mid/late 521?

Also the metal bracket on the 520 is way different than the 320/mid/late 521, I do not see them interchanging.

I also just looked into using the Roadster wing window handle/lever on the 320/520/521 and I do not think it will work, even if the posts holding them onto the wing window are the same, the Roadster uses the rear stainless steel upright to hold them closed while the 320/520/521 use a metal piece on the bottom wing window frame to hold them closed, but the reason I don't think they would work is the post to the center of the upright on the trucks is around 2 inches, while the Roadsters post to center of upright is 1-1/4 inches, the Roadster lever likely will not reach the 320/520/521 upright let alone get to the center of it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suspect if you wanted to you could put a late 521 wing window assemblies into your 520 doors and then you could use the late 521/320 wing window levers/handles.

The reason I was talking about the Roadster handles/levers is because Roadsters have aftermarket support, a lot of early Roadster parts are the same as what was used on the 320, exterior door handles and interior door pulls, upper control arm mount arms are a couple of them.

Datsun/Nissan made a lot of interchangeable stuff, I should have looked closer at the wing window handles/levers, now I don't feel so bad about selling them 320 handle/lever buttons, I have lots of 521 doors/parts.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 1

Wayno. A  couple of corrections.

The 320 and 63-67 roadster inside door handles look the same but they mount differently and will not interchange.

The 320 handles have a square receiver and roadster handles have"modern" splined receivers.

The 63-67 roadster inside door pulls and outside door handles are the same as 320.

The 320 truck wing window latches came in 2 variations. One latches to the rear wing window upright

and the other to the bottom wing window frame. 

This type of change you do not notice unless you had about 12 320 doors from all years, as i once did.?.

Ted

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, 66Fairlady said:

Wayno. A  couple of corrections.

The 320 and 63-67 roadster inside door handles look the same but they mount differently and will not interchange.

The 320 handles have a square receiver and roadster handles have"modern" splined receivers.

The 63-67 roadster inside door pulls and outside door handles are the same as 320.

The 320 truck wing window latches came in 2 variations. One latches to the rear wing window upright

and the other to the bottom wing window frame. 

This type of change you do not notice unless you had about 12 320 doors from all years, as i once did.?.

Ted

I changed/edited my post a little to be more clear Ted, I believe the interior door pulls and exterior door handles are the same, I didn't mean it to sound like I was talking about the interior door handle and window winder.

I don't even know for sure that the 521 wing window handles/levers are the same as the 320 I have never had the late 521 handle off the wing window to look at the mount post, but they appear to be the same, it also appears that I actually have one door with that other version of window latch/lever, I never noticed that before, what year is that type of handle/lever from?

001.jpg

• Like 1
On 2/3/2019 at 2:19 PM, Conner said:

front_suspension.jpg

54541-04100 are still available from Nissan (dust boots for upper spindle).  

54519-08700 (upper control arm bushings) cross to Moog K9207 on Rockauto which is a part for a 521 and 620 truck.  Definitely try those.  

For shocks I would get KYBs listed for the 520, which is either 343208 (GR-2) or KG4605A (Gas-A-Just).  

King pin sets I think are NLA but pop up on ebay from time to time.  That's where I bought mine.  

More information:  the stabilizer links on each side require four bushings each (8 total).  These I think are still available from Nissan.  Original Nissan part #56112-09400 replaced by 56112-W5000.  You may be able to find something cheaper in the aftermarket.  

• Like 2

Good to hear.  How do your upper bump stops look?  

I pulled one of mine out some time ago.  Here's what it looked like when it came out:  

2017_12_26_suspension%20(14).JPG

2017_12_26_suspension%20(16).JPG

Compared to the last pic above it has elongated by almost 50% I'd say since coming out of the car.  Looks pretty different now--thinner and longer.  It looks almost just like these listed for a 620:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pcs-CONTROL-ARM-UPPER-BUMP-STOP-BUMPER-FIT-DATSUN-620-720-520-521-PICKUP-TRUCK/150896507593?hash=item232221fac9:g:bB4AAOSwSdZWd~SV:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true .  

• Like 1