Window Tinting -- Questions

Yo Rats...

So I pulled into a local window tinting place today and was trying to get a quote for him to tint my windows.  It's really starting to get hot in SoCal and just wanted to protect my new door panels and interior from baking in the sun, as well as keep myself cool when driving  B)

When the guy looked at it he said that he didn't feel comfortable tinting my car because the older cars didn't come with the little black outline around the rear window that modern cars come with, so he wouldn't be able to hide the edge of the tint.  Now i understand how that's an issue, but why would he say he didn't want to do it unless someone had the window out and before it was going to be put back in?

Is that really an issue?  Should I laugh in his face and take it to someone who knows what their doing?  

I almost thought it would have been easier to tint an older model car, but eh... 

Any ideas?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a Southern California provider of extended wheel base DATSUN and NISSAN 4 door sedans that converted to stretched wheel base vehicles.  His customers were often cited for darker that original manufacturer's window tinting.  His defense was to offer to appear in court with the vehicle owner.  His defense was that the VIN and registration paperwork listed him as the Manufacturer of the converted vehicle, that he was listed as a vehicle manufacturer, and that the challenged window tint was his standard tint, so met the legal requirement that the window tint should not exceed the Manufacturer;s standard density.  He won all challenges!  You can beat the system!

I attempted to do my back window on the 521. felt confident after watching a ton of youtube video's and such.

wow. I FAILED horribly. it isn't as easy as it looks. I had it done at a shop and they said the same thing but did it anyways, you can def see some daylight around the edges in places. but Im happy with it.

Shoot. to bad you weren't around here.. There is a guy in seaside that will tint your car.. 250 bucks for a wagon... He will give you a receipt if it's legal tint... If you want darker than legal, he does cash only, no receipt and will deny you were ever there lol

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...