Another goddamned 620

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

So this thread has been dead for a while.

Floor boards are only kind of shitty. Not too many holes but pretty thin overall. I sprayed a butt load of rust converter on it for now. That'll probably do me until I fab in new floor boards.

Brakes are almost done. Just need to adjust the shoes hopefully.

Just got to figure out how to tune a weber and I'll be on the road.

I like this better.

That's been around for so long (50s, I think) and so commonly done that I'd think any half-decent car thief would know about it and instant check if it doesn't immediately start. There are a few other variations that are also fairly common, but this one is the most common. 

• 1 month later...

So still can't get the brakes figured. With everything I've and I still don't have pedal pressure.

I have:

Replaced the master (bench bled) and wheel cylinders.

Bled the shit outta the brakes (nlsv too)

Checked for leaks.

Adjusted shoes.

Did some ghetto diagnostics and figured I've still got air trapped in the rear lines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay so I've got one on more solution I can think of for my issue with the brakes. I been reusing the copper washers/seals on the banjo fitting for the brakes, which turns out is a bit of a no-no. (I'm not very smart. Who knew?)

So as soon as the ice clears up I'll crawl back under the truck. Hopefully after that this will be a worthwhile thread.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Yup. When I get in a 40 year old car and it cranks but won't start, the first thing that comes to my mind is "I bet this is a Datsun".

There isn't a Millennial that can start a Datsun. They grew up with EFI and don't pump the gas to set the choke first.

Someone grab this.... https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/6261641278.html

• Like 3

I laugh at myself when I catch myself pumping the throttle pedal on EFI cars.

Though I have yet to do that on my EV. But I do try an "rev" the pedal when I don't hear the motor "running" to try and get some noise out of it to confirm that I "started" it. 

There isn't a Millennial that can start a Datsun. They grew up with EFI and don't pump the gas to set the choke first.

Someone grab this.... https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/6261641278.html

• Like 2