CANBY 2017 IT WILL BEE fun 'n stuff

Ranman72

He encourages you to attend meetings. Which is where planning occurs. Sounds polite and appropriate to me. If you want to be heard without attending, well, he didn't rule that out by my interpretation. But I'm going to go ahead a guess that their head wouldn't be blown off by the feedback here. I'm sure they know. You could always write a letter...

• Like 4
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you guys, I even have a few thing I would change too. I think this year was a trial and we'll make adjustments as we can. Like I said it takes manpower and that's why I encourage people to show up to meetings and do some of the ground work and spread the responsibilities.

• Like 2

I hear you guys, I even have a few thing I would change too. I think this year was a trial and we'll make adjustments as we can. Like I said it takes manpower and that's why I encourage people to show up to meetings and do some of the ground work and spread the responsibilities.

That's awesome, we all want Canby to continue and get better, I'm looking forward to attending next year, and like I stated before, many of us just can't attend meetings, I will when I can, keep this great community in the loop, you see how much we care about this, it's like church to many...

• Like 1

I understand we should attend the meetings to put in our 2 cents but I drive 1100 miles round trip to attend this show and dont own an airplane to fly in to the meetings 

suggestions are being made by people who are to far away to attend they are written proof that they were a suggestion

now we have to wait 12 months to see if our voices are heard or ignored

canby 2017 may it be the best one ever :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  

• Like 3

How about an honest email to the DatsunsNW club and obviously someone to read it off to the club while at there meetings. Of course I can't always drive up 200+ miles for every meeting but for some one that has been going for years this year just seemed like it was missing the oldschool Canby touch. I couldn't help but ear hustle at a few conversions Sunday about us Ratsun guys that just barged in and ruined a lot of the show with our shenanigans. People still have it in there heads it's our fault for bringing out our non restored and rusty ass datsuns to the show every year. These are people that usually only come on Sunday and never actually camp and contribute to Canby, they wanna pay the least possible while us who just barely have enough for gas and money to pay for our camping and cars help pay to see Canby again the next year. The whole T-shirt thing was a scam the site said $10 bucks well at the show they were $15. I made the trip to Rats with Dats Friday morning from my house with Carlos and Jonathan they came from California my intention was to head straight to Canby as I was having tire rubbing issues. If it wasn't for the no cell reception and tire problem I would have stayed the night but I need to be in communication with my daughter and mother and law just incase.

Anyways hope there is a next year because I will keep attending as long as we have a Canby.

• Like 4

A $10 T sounds too good to be true anyway. It was a glitch, I'm sure. One thing for sure you will sell more T's at less 'profit' than a single T at $120. 

I doubt DNW will read e mails at a meeting. I can only assume they have their own best interests at heart and will make adjustments by themselves. If you build it.... they will come.

• Like 1

The main concerns I have been reading are the pricing and judging.

If I pay to camp, I'm in. That's it.

I think it was $5 for corral parking last year? Not bad. Go back to that.

Judging? Not everyone wants any part of that.

Keep the corral alone. Maybe offer a best corral car award.

Otherwise, leave the show car judging to those vying to win. Those entrants should be the ones to pay for show/award entry, not everyone else.

• Like 5